Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #5941
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
It's funny that his head sketches seem to have more details (line work), which I love.
His full figures are pretty damn awesome...I'm just trying to think of a character atm...

Wrothy, what do you think if he did a full figure modern iron man?
here's an example of one of the older iron mans...
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...900&GSub=85773
I think he'd probably have a ball with that. The picture you linked actually belongs to Statman (Paul), one of the other guys on the list here. Apparently that was Gene's first go at Iron Man. Looking on CAF, he did another older IM a couple of years ago at Heroes (http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...5705&GSub=2367), but because it's acrylic it doesn't have the same linework.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #5942
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
I think he'd probably have a ball with that. The picture you linked actually belongs to Statman (Paul), one of the other guys on the list here. Apparently that was Gene's first go at Iron Man. Looking on CAF, he did another older IM a couple of years ago at Heroes (http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...5705&GSub=2367), but because it's acrylic it doesn't have the same linework.
That acrylic IM looks pretty nice....
You know what...I'm interested in getting a modern age IM. Should I PM you for details and all?
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #5943
Peasant

Wrothy, PM sent to you mate. Thanks heaps!!
By the way, just saw this on another thread. Elliot Fernandez con commissions for HeroesCon.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=136282

In other news...PerthNova expo huh? I heard Mark Brooks is coming down...pity he cherry picks too. Good luck to anyone who's gonna attempt to get a sketch!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #5944
Wrothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
Wrothy, PM sent to you mate. Thanks heaps!!
By the way, just saw this on another thread. Elliot Fernandez con commissions for HeroesCon.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=136282

In other news...PerthNova expo huh? I heard Mark Brooks is coming down...pity he cherry picks too. Good luck to anyone who's gonna attempt to get a sketch!!!
Reply sent mate.

I saw the thread for Elliott - got to think about that, as I still have to pay for some pieces that I have already arranged.

Looking forward to PerthNova - Mark Brooks, Alex Saviuk AND George Perez! Mark is going to be at Heroes as well, so I have a couple of chances to get another piece by him (Shanan got me one at DragonCon back in 2009, so I'd like to get her an Oracle to return the favour).
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #5945
Peasant

Thanks for doing all that Wrothy. Appreciate it! Can't wait to see what Gonzales comes up with.

Oh wow, you guys are getting some decent artists over in PerthNova!!! Totally jealous.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #5946
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Reply sent mate.

I saw the thread for Elliott - got to think about that, as I still have to pay for some pieces that I have already arranged.

Looking forward to PerthNova - Mark Brooks, Alex Saviuk AND George Perez! Mark is going to be at Heroes as well, so I have a couple of chances to get another piece by him (Shanan got me one at DragonCon back in 2009, so I'd like to get her an Oracle to return the favour).
Hey lads!

That reminds me Steve, I gotta send you some cash for my Perez pieces! (and as always my eternal gratitude for the gophering )
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #5947
Wrothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Hey lads!

That reminds me Steve, I gotta send you some cash for my Perez pieces! (and as always my eternal gratitude for the gophering )
As always, not a problem mate. Still got a fair bit of time though.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 AM   #5948
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hey Wrothy, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I'm in two mind about going to SuPERTHnova now, after missing out on Dodson, I don't know if I want to gamble on Brooks (but he's someone I really want to get). At this stage in about 80% sure I'll be there, I know that last time we spoke, you guys were already expecting some other visitors around that time right?
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #5949
Wrothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
Hey Wrothy, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I'm in two mind about going to SuPERTHnova now, after missing out on Dodson, I don't know if I want to gamble on Brooks (but he's someone I really want to get). At this stage in about 80% sure I'll be there, I know that last time we spoke, you guys were already expecting some other visitors around that time right?
Hey mate. We don't have anyone else expected around that time, so you are more than welcome to the room if you need it.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #5950
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
As always, not a problem mate. Still got a fair bit of time though.
Coolies Wont shoot it off just yet then, maybe the Melbourne dollar will get stronger against the Perth one
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote