Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #281
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think Snoke is talking about Rey. To me, and I said this even after seeing TFA, she is a baby Vader. Wants to be good, but has a touch of inner anger and bitterness at her upringing. She won't be able to harness it like Luke and will be manipulated and pushed like Anakin was. In TFA, she had the look of death towards Kylo and looked as if she would kill him before the earth split. Even he saw that. She is raw, powerful, and is looking for help to calm her. She's just not going to get the chance.

And there is no way she was talking to Kylo in that last scene. That was misdirection editing.

I am just WAITING for the lame connection to be revealed that Rey and Kylo are related.

Overall, I'm excited to this TLJ. I'm a sucker for cute, but not annoying, CGI animals. Excited to see Luke and his role in the continued saga. And if nothing else, seeing our beloved Princess for the last first time.
I thought this too when I saw TFA.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #282
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

The trailer leads me to believe Rey will end up the villian and Kylo will become the hero from regret of killing his parents.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #283
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
This is an interesting thought, and it caused me to wonder why you chose the user name you use on this forum. Is there a back story to that you wouldn't mind sharing?
I don't mind sharing and it's really not that exciting So back in the day when chatrooms, message boards, gamer tags etc starting coming up, I had to come up with a handle. I didn't want a super sweet, girlie girl or flirty handle (I mean even with the handle Demona you'd get a LOT of A/S/L inquires lol).

I wanted something short, no number (unless needed, and I always use 56), and I wanted it to indicate that I am female. I'm not angsty, goth, or really anything that my handle indicates. I am blunt, fun, sassy, feisty, cynical, and can have a dark sense of humor. So back in the day my friends and I were sitting around with cartoons in the background and Gargoyles came on. The female Gargoyle's name was Demona and we all thought that would be a good handle. So now I have been using this handle for a little over 20 years. It's my Xbox gamertag too - Demona56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Please no more switching back and forth from the dark to the light side. Yoda clearly says the darkside is the easy path. And the redemption of Anakin Skywalker was rare and nearly impossible path. That why the theory that Han killed himself to protect Ben who is in “deep cover” is dumb as Ben would be constantly surround and tempted with dark side.

Plus I don’t buy what the trailer is trying to tell us. The trailer is full of clever editing as misplaced dialogue to conceal what the story really is.
I never heard that theory, but I'm with you that it's waaaaay out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
That works for me.
Works for me too. I'd like that too. I just can't have a ESB Part II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
The trailer leads me to believe Rey will end up the villian and Kylo will become the hero from regret of killing his parents.
It's going to be so sad to see Leia die (if that does happen).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #284
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So I've watched the trailer a few times and for the first time I think I'm a bit worried about this film. I still have faith it'll be good and maybe it's nothing but the editing in this is so transparently deceptive, it makes me wonder why they did this. Is the movie so straightforward that you need to trick audiences with misdirection before going in? I sure hope not. We deserve a strong narrative after the cookie cutter TFA and nothing will disappoint me more than this film playing out by the numbers with no risks being taken.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #285
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I still have faith it'll be good and maybe it's nothing but the editing in this is so transparently deceptive, it makes me wonder why they did this. Is the movie so straightforward that you need to trick audiences with misdirection before going in?

This was my thinking also the very first time I saw the trailer, that has only been highlighted even more after watching it several times since. I'm hopeful for this one, but I really don't like the way modern day trailers do some things. Unless it's a double bluff of course and they just gave away a huge spoiler...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #286
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I guess I'm not seeing the huge spoiler unless it is that Rey is captured by Snoke.

I supposed I'm just jaded because most trailers these days give away far too much than they should and usually include the best parts of the movie.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #287
SONICobra
Batman

is it a spoiler to see finn fighting phasma then being detained? that was the only thing i saw that seemed "spoilerish"
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #288
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I honestly don't think there are any major spoilers in this trailer. With the amount of misdirection it's impossible to tell what's what. Now that's either some clever marketing or they're trying to cover up by making it feel like this film is more complex than it really is. We won't know until December and that's not necessarily a bad thing I suppose.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #289
ukshaun
Hercules

While i've yet to watch the Trailer, i keep seeing Jedi Hamsters on Facebook. Really, what were they thinking?

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #290
SONICobra
Batman

i want to see a hampster sith
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote