Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #491
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
easily one of the best spidey films, i would put it just behind spiderman 2. i thought his suit was a little too "techy" at times which kind of took me out of who he is as a character (just some kid with awesome powers). i enjoyed the use of iron man, wasnt overbearing like i thought it would be based off all the marketing material
I actually liked the suit and
Spoiler
also the "moral" it kind of taught Peter, which came from Tony which i found ironic considering the crap Tony has pulled, but it was a necessary element to show Peter he's more than just the suit. I mean it's a little cliche' but still works in the hero framing.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #492
SONICobra
Batman

totally bro, i loved the suit but just wasnt crazy about the "malfunctioning" moments if you know what i mean. also i really enjoyed the home-made suit scenes much more than i thought it would due to how it supported the story and what peter grew to learn and appreciate. the ending with tony was great
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #493
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
totally bro, i loved the suit but just wasnt crazy about the "malfunctioning" moments if you know what i mean. also i really enjoyed the home-made suit scenes much more than i thought it would due to how it supported the story and what peter grew to learn and appreciate. the ending with tony was great
I honestly wasn't sure I was going to like this film but I was really surprised at how good it turned out. I guess just so many off/bad Spider-man movies had made me skeptical.

Now I just have to wait for Defenders to hit netflix and Thor in theaters, what a lovely time to be a Comic Geek.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #494
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
easily one of the best spidey films, i would put it just behind spiderman 2. i thought his suit was a little too "techy" at times which kind of took me out of who he is as a character (just some kid with awesome powers). i enjoyed the use of iron man, wasnt overbearing like i thought it would be based off all the marketing material
I agree, I think the suit was too techy and glad they went back to the basics in the movie. I half expected arms, like in the comics Iron Spidey, to sprout out of the back.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:53 AM   #495
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I loved this film on first viewing. I went again this week and I found myself checking my watch and disengaged the second time through....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:08 AM   #496
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I loved this film on first viewing. I went again this week and I found myself checking my watch and disengaged the second time through....
Interesting...why do you think it changed so drastically for you from first to second viewing?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:13 AM   #497
Saturday_Knight_Surfer
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Interesting...why do you think it changed so drastically for you from first to second viewing?
I also wanted to view it again but finally I didn't. I felt like it wasn't worth viewing it a second time. This movie is great and fun. But well... it's just another Spider Man movie, the 6th since 2002.
But I'm still looking forward to the next Spider Man movie with Tom Holland.
Saturday_Knight_Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:40 AM   #498
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
To be honest the forced MCU elements really killed the film for me that second time through. Everytime Michael Keaton was off screen I felt like I was being sold some corporate product.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:12 AM   #499
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
To be honest the forced MCU elements really killed the film for me that second time through. Everytime Michael Keaton was off screen I felt like I was being sold some corporate product.
Totally agree, my second viewing, I found myself looking at my watch in a few sections of the film.

While it's nice seeing Spidey in the MCU, I needed to see him as an independent person.

I was talking with the wife (who thankfully pretends to care) and I was saying that they could have easily beefed up Pete's intelligence by instead of unlocking the suits advanced features, building those features himself, adding web variations and a few other bits.

It was funny hearing the lethal and interrogation modes, but it always felt that Pete's natural intelligence was being held back.

I still loved the film, but it's an 8/10 on second viewing
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:05 AM   #500
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Spidey is my favourite marvel character and while I enjoyed the movie it did leave me a little cold. The thing I appreciated the most about Wonder Woman was the choices they made to have her stand alone and not rely on other JL members. Maybe Spidey would have worked more for me if they had taken the same approach. Stark just had far too much influence on how Spider-man developed and Peters own genius was completely subdued as a result. I felt that the whole MCU in the background felt like one of those annoying product placements. It probably sounds harsh since it's been widely praised but for me Spidey 2 is the superior movie in almost every way. Hopefully those in Marvel handle him better in subsequent movies.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote