Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #481
Viper2005
Hellboy

I just found out about this statue now, after recieving the email from Sideshow.
Even though I stopped collecting Aspen prints a few years ago, I still love the works of Turner, and most likely will add this to my collection! (But not the art print tho!)
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #482
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
Aspen artprint is up
http://bit.do/Aspenart
It's a good print but I don't want it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #483
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The debate you're trying to initiate has been done, in one form or another, in just about every Sideshow thread!

You should be mature enough to realise that airing your uncertainties on this forum won't achieve anything other than to start a conflict of ideas. In fact, that had already begun with the "You've been really lucky" vs "You've been really unlucky" debate!

Let's put it like this - there's nothing anyone can tell you here, that would remove your doubts. Likewise, you will not get any cast iron guarantees from Sideshow - so, what are your options?

While you were probably getting ready for 10 pages of back and forth, focused on your (1st world) insecurities - I summed up the whole debate and it's conclusion in one post.
I guess I can find your post, in a form or another, in just about every Sideshow thread.
Write it in the stone.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #484
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I am not buying this mindset at all. If people were regularly unhappy with their Sideshow purchases, Sideshow would never have gone on to become the industry leader and they would not have seen the significant increase in business we have seen over the last few years. And people would most certainly NOT continue to buy Sideshow statues at these much higher prices if they were unhappy with their Sideshow purchases. There is no denying that Sideshow has had some quality control problems over the years and have even released a few disappointing statues here and there, but overall most people had to have been satisfied with their purchases for Sideshow to get to where they are now.

Not to mention, the last couple years running there has been a dramatic decrease in the number of complaints on Statue Forum, which given only represents a small fraction of the overall market, but its a large enough sample size to be able to make some accurate predictions for the overall market from the responces you see for each release. The fact that people are still willing to buy Sideshow statues, and in greater numbers than ever before, even in light of the roughly 30-40%+ increase we have seen in prices is HUGELY telling in regards to the satisfaction level of most Sideshow customers.

I could just as easily say, you've just been unlucky and based on how successful Sideshow has been, especially these last few years, that comment holds up to scrutiny MUCH more so than the "you've just been lucky" statement.
It actually pains me how many logical fallacies you spat out there. Not even wasting my time to refute any of that mess.

Bottom line is these days almost no statue increases in value much, it is probably worth the risk for international buyers to wait it out and make sure it turns out well.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:21 AM   #485
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I guess I can find your post, in a form or another, in just about every Sideshow thread.
Write it in the stone.
Excellent! So you agree with me, there's no need to perpetuate the discussion any further!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #486
ukshaun
Hercules

On the Sideshow front, Aspen has been on my mind more than any other statue..
When will the news drought end?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:08 AM   #487
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #488
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Good question ...at this point we don't know.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #489
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Damn.. saw this bumped and thought there was news. This is my only purchase for 2018 so far so I'm really looking forward to all the proto pics.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #490
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Good question ...at this point we don't know.
Aspen has already appeared on Sideshow Live. The pre order has to happen soon.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote