Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2017, 02:28 AM   #1261
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Oh I agree. But if a mod or the original poster comes back and edits the post to say a code expired, then it won’t trigger a sub email.
Ah, that would be a great revision of the rules then!
suggesting something like this:

"the only one who is allowed to post when the code is expired other than a mod is the original poster, this is not necessary but an option. Any other postings in the RPC thread will be treated as in violation of the prime rule>no exceptions."
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:31 AM   #1262
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Ah, that would be a great revision of the rules then!
suggesting something like this:

"the only one who is allowed to post when the code is expired other than a mod is the original poster, this is not necessary but an option. Any other postings in the RPC thread will be treated as in violation of the prime rule>no exceptions."
In previous years, only the poster could update if the code was expired by editing their original post.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:49 AM   #1263
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The idea behind posting a code had expired was to prevent people from wasting their time if they come into the thread late. Ideally it would be nice if the person posting the code would either include it’s time limit or edit their original post once they have it or even after the code has expired.

Since most seem to be using the Codes Only thread as a notification system going forward let’s simply stick to codes only. No more posts saying it expired. We can post that info here or the OP can edit their post. I’ll edit the first post of that thread accordingly so the rules are clear. That said I will be lenient for a time in case someone doesn’t notice the change.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:01 AM   #1264
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The idea behind posting a code had expired was to prevent people from wasting their time if they come into the thread late. Ideally it would be nice if the person posting the code would either include it’s time limit or edit their original post once they have it or even after the code has expired.

Since most seem to be using the Codes Only thread as a notification system going forward let’s simply stick to codes only. No more posts saying it expired. We can post that info here or the OP can edit their post. I’ll edit the first post of that thread accordingly so the rules are clear. That said I will be lenient for a time in case someone doesn’t notice the change.
I think that works.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:18 AM   #1265
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

On another note. I tried DONTDELAY and got “can not be redeemed yet. This promo has not started.” So it might end up being something.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:38 AM   #1266
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:

Cool thanks now that’s a clear notice. Sorry didn’t read and posted too fast. I wished I actually read things first but it’s one of my weakness.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:11 AM   #1267
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
On another note. I tried DONTDELAY and got “can not be redeemed yet. This promo has not started.” So it might end up being something.
From the email that gave the DONTDELAY code:
Terms and Conditions for the above code. The code expires on 10/30/17 at 9AM (PT) and is only eligible on the select item that it is linking to while supplies last.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ot-toys-902553
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:47 AM   #1268
facade
Doh!

DONTDELAY is the newsletter code that for some reason is still not working. The code for the First Order Snowtrooper set is COLDTROOPER
facade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:59 AM   #1269
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by facade View Post
DONTDELAY is the newsletter code that for some reason is still not working. The code for the First Order Snowtrooper set is COLDTROOPER
odd... would have to reread the newsletter again but didn't see the COLDTROOPER code...

edit: found it... read over it for some reason. My bad
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:21 AM   #1270
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I just got the newsletter with DONTDELAY but it’s still not active.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote