Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #2111
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Time for an upgrade
I'd have to stop buying thousand dollar statues first.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #2112
toe
Alpha Flight

I'm getting 2
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #2113
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Sandman i didn't want to be the one..... but thank you for that!
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #2114
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
So firstly, I read Alex' post of 21.5" x 18" and I literally pulled out a measuring tape to help visualize. That is one big purple bastard. Super impressive. The size alone has made me reconsider my collection display.

Now about ES, I've said this before and I'm glad to see many people agree - I don't care about an ES. I will never understand how more people enjoying a statue takes away from your enjoyment of a statue. I maintain that the only people who really feel passionately about a small ES are the ones who somewhere in the back of their mind want to be able to sell it in the future. If that is the case you shouldn't buy statues. You got away with that for years but that's just not the landscape of this hobby anymore. There is just too many statues being produced by too many companies. Sure you may be able to sell some select pieces here or there at inflated prices but that is never how to go into selecting a piece.

Finally, why do some of you maintain that some message forum posts determine prices? You need to put on your critical thinking caps here people. Sideshow already knows the price point. They did before there was a proto. I mean I don't know this for a fact mind you, but if you do a little reverse engineering the thought process is somewhere along the lines of:
"What is the concept for the statue"
"What can we pull off"
"How much roughly would that cost to produce"
Because they aren't going to blindly make a statue, take it to production, then look back and see how much it cost to make. You need to know the cost BEFORE production. Then you don't have a company rep cruise some message forum and go back to the office and say "Boys we're in luck, they're guessing it's this much so we can charge that!"

Anyways, the hype is real with this piece. It seems like a lot of collectors want to be able to own him. I would love to see everyone who wants one, able to get him. I for one don't really care what anonymous poster on a forum thinks of me for a day one PO. I've never PO'd from Sideshow and am excited that this will be my first. Probably my only because guess what, I'm not a rich collector. Obtaining this statue is going to take a ton of work and overtime hours but it will be worth it. I won't have some elitist collectors take the fun out of it chastising a large ES or a day one PO. Enjoy collecting folks!
Trust me, I have no delusions of grandeur. Obviously SS is not going to determine pricing from posts on the statue forum. What SS will use as part of their pricing structure is the attitude of what their customers are willing to pay. If folks have the the attitude of I'm going to pay , no matter the cost, then obviously the price is going to continue to climb. As far as Es....don't want to trample any toes, but as long as the quality is great, I couldn't care less.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #2115
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'd have to stop buying thousand dollar statues first.
That does seem to get in the way doesn't it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #2116
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
That's about what I was thinking too which would really mess me up since it wouldn't fit in a besta.

Still getting it but I was hoping it would fit.
Get a STUVA double cube. It will fit in there and you'll have a cube left for your next ginormous piece.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #2117
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Time for an upgrade
I was thinking about moding my detolfs into one, super long interconnected detolf cabinet...,but the depth is still going to be piss . poor. I'm thinking about just going for a retail solution
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #2118
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
I was thinking about moding my detolfs into one, super long interconnected detolf cabinet...,but the depth is still going to be piss . poor. I'm thinking about just going for a retail solution
You could get a PAX and then use upgraded brackets for the shelves.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #2119
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
You could get a PAX and then use upgraded brackets for the shelves.
That might be what i end up with ultimately. But im shopping around for frameless glass solutions. If i can land a good deal i'll go with that. Otherwise pax is undoubtedly the way to go.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:18 PM   #2120
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
After this reveal ...Anybody else think Darkseid needs a re-do!? Badly! ....Or is it just me?
I disagree, I think, as a DC collector, we got a PF that has just enough size to be passable, to enlarge the piece to a 20" square foot print and double the price tag would have sucked for a single character.

I would have, no doubt, bought in, but as a DC guy I am so happy they have yet to do this giant size format for a DC Hero or villain.

People complained of Bane's pricing! What if he was this size and $1295? Again I would have bought but what they did release is such a better decision in regards to space and budget awareness.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote