Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #7011
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I think we’ll be blown away by the Thanos production pics when they are revealed. I have faith! I’m also wishfully hoping that they design the art box similar to what they did with Spidey and Green Goblin. I loved the way the did the comic art on those.
The Spidey and GG art boxes are some of the best i've seen
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:19 PM   #7012
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I think we’ll be blown away by the Thanos production pics when they are revealed. I have faith! I’m also wishfully hoping that they design the art box similar to what they did with Spidey and Green Goblin. I loved the way the did the comic art on those.
Would be epic.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #7013
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

What do you guys do with your shipper and art boxes? I keep mine in my garage, all spare parts I keep inside in a foamed box.
Just curious. Never understood the love of the art box. Can't say I didn't dig the Spidey artbox. But it was just a cool perk when I first opened him up.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #7014
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Mine are in the garage as well. If I could find a way to display the art boxes, I would.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:41 PM   #7015
nearmint
Phoenix

Storage locker, and blocking my access to about 8000 comics.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:24 AM   #7016
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
if the production pics i just saw for deadpool (which i reckon was Sideshows first statement piece from last year) is any indication, this guys..We're going to be in for a threat with Thanos..That DP looks bloody good
Even though I have no intention of picking this up or getting a loan for Thanos, I don't think that Deadpool Heatseaker (if that's the one you are referring) is even in the Thanos league. Not to sound harsh, ok maybe a little, but Deadpool's EX is a selfie stick. A Selfie stick with a kissy face. And he's $700. Yeah I find it humorous in a twisted sort of way but will you feel the same after 1 year? 2? 3? And Deadpool merchandise is littered all over the internet sales sites. And yeah, so is Batman.

However, minus the silly and in the future gravitationally challenged leaning tower of chimichangas pose, it's got some nice details there and very dynamic. My point. Not in the same league as the art direction, detail, industry availability lacking, mad titan that is Thanos. And yes, still not buying him either.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #7017
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Even though I have no intention of picking this up or getting a loan for Thanos, I don't think that Deadpool Heatseaker (if that's the one you are referring) is even in the Thanos league. Not to sound harsh, ok maybe a little, but Deadpool's EX is a selfie stick. A Selfie stick with a kissy face. And he's $700. Yeah I find it humorous in a twisted sort of way but will you feel the same after 1 year? 2? 3? And Deadpool merchandise is littered all over the internet sales sites. And yeah, so is Batman.

However, minus the silly and in the future gravitationally challenged leaning tower of chimichangas pose, it's got some nice details there and very dynamic. My point. Not in the same league as the art direction, detail, industry availability lacking, mad titan that is Thanos. And yes, still not buying him either.
That selfie stick is pure deadpool in my opinion. What makes deadpool a statement piece from SS is not the EX its all about the engineering that went into it. The rocket with the trails barely missing him behind his back, the way they were able to simulate the effect of the explosion on the base where the explosion is underneath, but you can see that clear aftershock membrane pushing out tiny pieces of the rock..some serious engineering went into that piece that i feel people are overlooking because it's SS and they dared to charge 700 for it.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #7018
SONICobra
Batman

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:44 AM   #7019
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

I agree with you except for the art direction. The art direction of Thanos is good but the art direction on Deadpool is fantastic. Thanos is just sitting on a throne with his hand up. Deadpool has so much more going on with it with regards to art direction.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #7020
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

He is definitely awesome looking.
There was no "serious" engineering put into this. They use metal rods that act as rebar just like floors in a building or pad for a motor.

The art direction is fantastic!
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote