Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 10-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #41
riky
Mephisto

Last year the virtual ticket allowed you to purchase the Illidan statue about two weeks before the general public, but if memory serves that was advertised in advance and was one of the selling points of the ticket.
Nothing on the current virtual ticket teasing of physical items like a statue.
Kind of a bummer.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #42
Makutsu
Frackin!

They do have a Sylvannas statue revealing at Blizzcon, so I'd assume they would like to wait for that maybe since the big statues and 1/4 have the same pose etc.

Fingers crossed
Makutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #43
luckynumbersven
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makutsu View Post
They do have a Sylvannas statue revealing at Blizzcon, so I'd assume they would like to wait for that maybe since the big statues and 1/4 have the same pose etc.

Fingers crossed
Ooo how do we know that they will be revealing a Sylvanas?
luckynumbersven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:09 PM   #44
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumbersven View Post
Ooo how do we know that they will be revealing a Sylvanas?
It's on the floor plan map

In saying that, they made huge Junkrat and Winston statues for Overwatch and they haven't been made into Collectible statues yet, so it could be something just to promote the next WoW expansion
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:05 AM   #45
Makutsu
Frackin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai0SANYMLMc

Blizzard just used Sylvanas as the opening cut for Final Bracket in HoTS, Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
Old 11-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #46
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makutsu View Post
I would love for them to make some Diablo and Starcraft statues too, I mean I get that those 2 games are kinda dying but I want at least 1 statue to represent each franchise.
I would love a Diablo 1-2 statue, I have the SS one by default but the D3 version is not my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Sylvanas statue to be unveiled at Blizzcon:

Awesome! definitely getting her.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #47
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Those are their giant statues though. I don't think they have anything to do with their normal sized ones.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #48
Makutsu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Those are their giant statues though. I don't think they have anything to do with their normal sized ones.
Outside of the Varian giant statue all the other giant statues have been made into a collectible one way or another.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:50 AM   #49
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
Last year the virtual ticket allowed you to purchase the Illidan statue about two weeks before the general public, but if memory serves that was advertised in advance and was one of the selling points of the ticket.
Nothing on the current virtual ticket teasing of physical items like a statue.
Kind of a bummer.
Also people were scrabbling to get that virtuasl ticket just to get Illidan and ended up paying way over the odds for him because they expected him to sell out and people were flipping him for profit....

About 3 -4 weeks after they offered him with like 20% off which is when i picked mine up....

And he's still in stock now lol.

So yeah i wouldn't advise anyone to buy the virtual ticket just to get the new statue if they do that system again.....unless the ES is like 350 but Blizzard are never going to do that.
DeadGhostKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #50
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Also people were scrabbling to get that virtuasl ticket just to get Illidan and ended up paying way over the odds for him because they expected him to sell out and people were flipping him for profit....

About 3 -4 weeks after they offered him with like 20% off which is when i picked mine up....

And he's still in stock now lol.

So yeah i wouldn't advise anyone to buy the virtual ticket just to get the new statue if they do that system again.....unless the ES is like 350 but Blizzard are never going to do that.
Yeah I had freaked out a bit because when I noticed the statue it was sold out (even though I had the virtual ticket) but thankfully they brought it back a few weeks later and I was able to snag it.

One thing I love about Blizzard is that they put out their statue when it's ready so it ships just a few days after you order it.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote