Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #1761
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Looks like Toynami has salvaged CC's TLW Raptor project http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=173724
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:46 AM   #1762
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Shame they are putting that ugly base with it.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:10 AM   #1763
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It doesn’t look good. It looks much less quality than the cc one. Unless I’m missing something it just looks…different than what i remember of the cc one. I do hope they pick it up and tighten up the design…I’m not sure i would buy this as is.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:21 AM   #1764
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
It doesn?t look good. It looks much less quality than the cc one. Unless I?m missing something it just looks?different than what i remember of the cc one. I do hope they pick it up and tighten up the design?I?m not sure i would buy this as is.
It's the same sculpt just shown at a less flattering angle than it usually is. Still has that same ugly malformation in the top of the head from when Chronicle didn't account for the deformation in the cast they used.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:57 AM   #1765
qz33
Rescue

But now it's getting a redo so hopefully...
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 08:32 PM   #1766
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
It's the same sculpt just shown at a less flattering angle than it usually is. Still has that same ugly malformation in the top of the head from when Chronicle didn't account for the deformation in the cast they used.
Interesting. I?ll have to take another look at it. Just struck me different than the CC one. Yeah the CC one is great, but has that deformity from the sculpt that?s noticeable. I can live with it lol
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:46 PM   #1767
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
I restored the raptor busts for chronicle, sculpted the extra neck for the closed mouth version and made the base, I noticed the deformity in the cast and wanted to resculpt it but was told not to, I tried to a little bit but redoing almost half of it would have taken too long, I got away with it not being so obvious but yeah it was still pretty deformed.. I still have a casting that I need to build and paint up one day and I will definitely be fixing that issue.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 03:58 PM   #1768
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I restored the raptor busts for chronicle, sculpted the extra neck for the closed mouth version and made the base, I noticed the deformity in the cast and wanted to resculpt it but was told not to, I tried to a little bit but redoing almost half of it would have taken too long, I got away with it not being so obvious but yeah it was still pretty deformed.. I still have a casting that I need to build and paint up one day and I will definitely be fixing that issue.
That's a shame they didn't want the dent fixed. I look forward to seeing your restoration!
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote