Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #191
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Here's my issue with this piece . It's sculpted amazing and detailed but is it me or is Vision way too big . I saw this at a shop beside Thanos Koto he's taller by at least 2" and he's over muscular. Koto needs to watch that , the Punisher piece coming is also over muscled imo.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #192
Naru
Mephisto

Vision in the house! Erick really hit this one miles out of the park. Truly fantastic! The paints however require some shading which would take this piece to a whole new level.
I added on some paint to the base to make the details pop a little. Still needs some work though.
He looks awesome displayed with the Black Panther. The Classic Avengers now only needs a good Ant Man. They look to be in scale but The Vision seems to be just a bit beefier.
Goes well with the Hard Hero Hercules too.
Another happy customer. Thanks Erick.

Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:03 AM   #193
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Vision in the house! Erick really hit this one miles out of the park. Truly fantastic! The paints however require some shading which would take this piece to a whole new level.
I added on some paint to the base to make the details pop a little. Still needs some work though.
He looks awesome displayed with the Black Panther. The Classic Avengers now only needs a good Ant Man. They look to be in scale but The Vision seems to be just a bit beefier.
Goes well with the Hard Hero Hercules too.
Another happy customer. Thanks Erick.

Thanks for your feedback Naru. Black Panther is pretty solid size so Vision does look larger. But seems close enough at the same time.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #194
Naru
Mephisto

No worries Lastman. To get all nerdy about it, The Vision in the database is 3 inches taller than Black Panther so maybe that size difference actually works but yeah he's built like a house though. The cape and him in that floating pose with his feet pointing to the ground definitely make him look taller and bigger too.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #195
Rbx46
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I was moving my Vision statue to a higher shelf and caught the edge. The black portion cracked like a f#%king egg. It's hollow inside and maybe a thick as a coffee mug if anybody is curious.
Really kotobukiya? You've increased the price and that's fine. But you have this huge statue sitting on literally an f'ing eggshell. You couldn't make a solid base? I'm going to spend my money somewhere else...ridiculous.
Rbx46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #196
BabySweat
Kindly Asked To Leave

Unhappy

Oh snap.... literally. Weak sauce, koto.
BabySweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 AM   #197
Naru
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbx46 View Post
I was moving my Vision statue to a higher shelf and caught the edge. The black portion cracked like a f#%king egg. It's hollow inside and maybe a thick as a coffee mug if anybody is curious.
Really kotobukiya? You've increased the price and that's fine. But you have this huge statue sitting on literally an f'ing eggshell. You couldn't make a solid base? I'm going to spend my money somewhere else...ridiculous.
Crappy luck man, sorry to hear. Hope you can get it fixed at a price that's not an arm and a leg.
Thanks for the insight though. Hope it doesn't cause any issue down the line as the statue itself is really heavy due to his cape.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:16 PM   #198
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbx46 View Post
Cutting corners it seems. A solid foundation is basic imo. Now I'm worried about mine. Sorry to hear.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #199
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Damn...sorry to hear that. Any pics? Starting to shift positions with Koto...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #200
Rbx46
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Damn...sorry to hear that. Any pics? Starting to shift positions with Koto...
Sorry, no before pics. I had to fill it with resin already because the crack was spreading. You can see the crack lines where it was starting to collapse on itself. I'll fix it properly when I have the time. This will do for the time being.

Rbx46 is offline   Reply With Quote