Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 01-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #991
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Those are all cool. Congrats to you all, i dig them!
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #992
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I have this one. Love Alex Ross and wish I had more :/

[IMG][/IMG]
Man I love that one. Probably my favorite of his.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #993
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I have this one. Love Alex Ross and wish I had more :/

[IMG][/IMG]
I ordered the canvas version of that along with the matching DC heroes one last month. I wish it had Darkseid in it.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #994
Sithlord32
New Republic

happy with my choices on this Joe killed it for me. Sorry for the glare.

Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #995
Evil87GN
Doh!

The quality and variety of framings in this thread is pretty astounding, to say the least. My collecting leans towards the anime' side, but thanks to some of your links to artists, I'll be branching out a bit..lol. Here's a few of my pieces, but have lots more to frame as $$ allows.

Sabre print from Fate! story arcs with Excalibur

Revy from Black Lagoon

Urd from Ah My Goddess as Little Red Riding Hood

Animation Cel of Boton from Yu Yu Hakusho

Ah/Oh My Goddess LE poster 297/1000
Evil87GN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:46 AM   #996
Evil87GN
Doh!

I'll add more as I start reshooting pics with the new camera. These were the best of the current shots, but still not what I consider great..lol.
Evil87GN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:05 PM   #997
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Finally acquired the Batman: Today and Tomorrow canvas by Ross. It's damn hard to find now.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:53 AM   #998
Luminous
Cyclops

This might be something that should be in the framed thread, but I wanted to make sure anyone who is considering framing Mondo prints sees this. The following was posted by me on the EB forum:

"Back in September of 2014, I created a thread about the discoloration I found on my Ansin Looper print (http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewt...p?f=3&t=144260) after removing it from a frame that had both conservation glass and an acid free mat. All of the edges of the art side of that print had a dark discoloration. Basically where the print rests on the mat. That discussion led me to be concerned about my Stout Akira. Well I finally had the chance to take the framed Akira back to my framer for an inspection. Unfortunately we found that the same discoloration was present:

Despite the crappy cell phone pics, the darker edge along the bottom should be noticeable. Because the part of the paper that doesn't touch the mat is the same color as the back of the print, the framer and I are confident in saying that this is not the result of light damage that came in through the UV glass. The only part of of the entire print (front and back) that seems to have been affected is the part that makes contact with the mat. With Looper we thought it could be the mat itself and Bainbridge requested a sample so they could test it. Now that we see it on Akira, where we used a different mat from a different company, we believe it might be the paper.

I have the Stout Star Wars set and there was no discoloration found. Akira, Looper and Star Wars were all hanging in the same room. The only ones affected were the ones printed on cream stock paper. I would like to be able to test the paper, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I know there are pens that can test the pH of paper, but 1.) I'm not sure if that is what needs to be tested and 2.) those tests will potentially damage the paper so a sample would be required.

I don't know where to go from here. Is this a cream stock paper issue in general or is it the paper that Mondo uses? I have a variant Stout Guardians. If I frame it there is a VERY strong chance of the same thing happening. If I don't use mats not only do I think it doesn't look as nice but now the ink is resting on the glass. Do I even bother with prints on cream stock then? Akira was never going anywhere. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't care what happens to the print once I framed it. A big part of matting these things was to protect them. I would love to get to the bottom of this. Despite some feedback and a couple of theories the Looper discussion didn't really go anywhere. If this is a paper issue, would attempting to contact Mondo about it make a difference in how they approach prints in the future? Would they or any of the artists be willing to test the paper? If there is a simpler answer please post."
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:04 AM   #999
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Boy, epic fail on the Stout. Hope none of you guys bought into the hype and shelled out for this.
How is owning such epic art "hype"?

Yes, I "shelled out" for that print AND the frame job. I don't regret purchasing the print one bit. Considering what appears to be zero information on this framing subject, I don't see how I would've handled the framing differently. I am hoping this sheds light on the subject for both Mondo and framers.

Last edited by Luminous; 01-29-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:11 AM   #1000
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
How is owning such epic art "hype"?

Yes, I "shelled out" for that print AND the frame job. I don't regret purchasing the print one bit. Considering what appears to be zero information on this framing subject, I don't see how I would handled the framing differently. I am hoping this sheds light on the subject for both Mondo and framers.
Relax. He's talking about the Alien print.