Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #91
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The P1 Ryu was an odd miss compared to the game-perfect Ken and Akuma. I'm sure they'll nail Chun-li, but for SF I want more figure than broken Buddhas and wood.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #92
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
The P1 Ryu was an odd miss compared to the game-perfect Ken and Akuma. I'm sure they'll nail Chun-li, but for SF I want more figure than broken Buddhas and wood.
At the moment, the Prime 1 website fails to list Street Fighter anywhere? (the logical place being Video Games)
If you search 'Street Fighter' it finds Ryu (who looks odd) and Akuma, along with Ultimate versions of both pieces.
I hope there is an Ultimate version of Chun-Li, as Ultimate appears to involved a complete upper body switch out.
Ryu looks almost Indian, an Indian in his 50's ..Ken looks to be the best of the current 3, and heisn't up for pre_order?
If Ryu fails to sell, they might end up canning the whole line.
Seeing as Prime 1 have the Street Fighter V licence, it would be amazing if they come up with Laura M.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:44 PM   #93
qz33
Rescue

Personally believe at these prices and hassles/waits the SF expensive statue market is tapped out.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #94
MegatronG1
The X-Men

P1 may pretend that PCS doesn't exist but the decent 1/4 MM SFV Ken is still obtainable, new for $199. I believe the statue market for SF has been driven to fatigue in no small part by a certain Ferrari fancier, along with other realities affecting the hobby/industry of course.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #95
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Sure it is a wonderful portrait.
In my eye, it fails to look like Chun-Li ..the portrait that is.
All 3 pieces form PCS in the swimwear line have failed in the portrait area.
So far only the bug-eyed Karin has failed in this line for me so far. As of right now, Chun Li and Laura are stunners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
Surprised to see so many comments about Chun Li 1:3 has an unrealistic/cartoony body type. True it is a stylized look, the SF 1:3 line was always about fitness bodybuilder physique's. If you're not failure with Yuan Herong, she is a Chinese bodybuilder aka "real life Chun-Li". I don't think Jerry based the statue off her, but she has a striking resemblance to the statue.

Dr. Yuan Herong is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Personally believe at these prices and hassles/waits the SF expensive statue market is tapped out.
This is probably/possibly the case. We'll have to watch and see how it all plays out.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #96
dao2
Cyclops

Without SS cammy likely would have been at least $100 less I'd guess. I certainly don't think this is worth the asking price at the level of detail here. Honestly the new chun li swimsuit looks like it'd be more effort then cammy :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Not a fan of the akuma. While his base is pretty cool it is a tad oversized but not the biggest problem for me.The way he connects to the base seems super tacked on and his feet positioning just looks weird as hell. Don't like that version of akuma much either, to get the "regular" version of him you have to get the ultimate :| Ken does look great, but I don't like Ken (or Ryu for that matter ;P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
At the moment, the Prime 1 website fails to list Street Fighter anywhere? (the logical place being Video Games)
It is under video games you just don't see the brand under videogames, they don't list every license there, the rest are just bundled under the video game heading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Prime 1 is definitely going to cost considerably more but Chun Li is one of the last pieces I want in my collection. She's my "Juggernaut" within Force of Nature's wish list. Ever since she became one of the first playable female yet substantial characters in arcades back in the early 90's, I've looked for a statue that did the character justice. Each time one was slated to come out, I looked forward to the reveal only to be left with the feelings of, "Meh", "Oooooh that's rough", "Doesn't even look Asian", "That's a dude!" or downright, "WTF"?. With the Canadian dollar and stocks in free fall, I'm basically priced out of this hobby but it was fun while it lasted. Here's hoping Prime 1 knocks this one out of the park before CAD is worth less than toilet paper!
I guess you don't like it but I think the 1:3 chun's are fantastic. I am very happy with my set of all 3.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #97
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post

I guess you don't like it but I think the 1:3 chun's are fantastic. I am very happy with my set of all 3.
I like Battle. The tailoring on the other 2 is quite good but those depictions are too defined by a different body type for me to get excited with them using the same sculpt.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #98
ukshaun
Hercules

On the subject of PCS and Street Fighter, there is a good interview with the former own of PCS Jerry Macaluso. Jerry mentions Sota Toys, and mentions Will Harbottle, who now works at Sideshow Collectibles, who also once worked at Sota Toys at one point.

Jerry mentions not being involved with anything right now (the interview was posted: 17 Jan 2020). It had crossed my mind, what are the chances of Jerry and new owners of PCS joining forces again?

YouTube (cannot post a link here. Search this)
Sota Toys & PCS Founder Jerry Macaluso Talks Street Fighter, Micronauts, Darkstalkers & More
Old 03-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #99
dao2
Cyclops

From what they say there is a lot of bad blood between the current owners and Jerry so I doubt that's going to happen :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #100
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
From what they say there is a lot of bad blood between the current owners and Jerry so I doubt that's going to happen :P
That is a shame.

I get the impression the new owners are great when it comes to business, doing deals, sourcing factories, and doing what they can to do the right thing, and deliver on time. The art side, is possibly their weakness, as from what i can tell, they appear to be at the mercy of freelance sculptors, the kind of guy's you find on ArtStation. Someone like Jerry, possibly is the guy to bridge that gap. With the new PCS pieces, i don't sense much effort, thought, being put into poses. That said, the new PCS Chun-Li has a great pose, although portrait fails to look Asian. Someone at PCS failed to spot that?