Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-20-2015, 09:44 PM   #31
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Ocarina of Time is my favorite in the series followed by A Link to the Past but I love the art style in Wind Waker .
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:36 AM   #32
Peedi
The Secret Six

Ocarina of Time is my favorite, too, but I prefer that style. I wish they made Ocarina of Time statues in 1/4...Link and Ganondorf in 1/4 from those games would be an instant purchase.

Also Hyrule Warriors Link and Zelda in 1/4. I like Zelda in a more battle ready outfit than the gown. Seeing Zelda without the full gown in HW half way reminds me of the cartoon when I was a kid where she wore pants instead of the long gown of the modern games. I like her to look ready for battle instead of the normal kidnap victim, lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #33
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Ocarina of Time is my favorite, too, but I prefer that style. I wish they made Ocarina of Time statues in 1/4...Link and Ganondorf in 1/4 from those games would be an instant purchase.

Also Hyrule Warriors Link and Zelda in 1/4. I like Zelda in a more battle ready outfit than the gown. Seeing Zelda without the full gown in HW half way reminds me of the cartoon when I was a kid where she wore pants instead of the long gown of the modern games. I like her to look ready for battle instead of the normal kidnap victim, lol.
Also my Favorite Ganondorf but I guess we're out of luck

JorgeLoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #34
Primal
Batman

Can't wait for this!!! Loved this design for Ganondorf.
And so thankful it's not the space killing 1/4 scale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXTSRQW6n4A
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:35 AM   #35
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Can't wait for this!!! Loved this design for Ganondorf.
And so thankful it's not the space killing 1/4 scale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXTSRQW6n4A
Totally agree....
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 AM   #36
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

He really does look incredible; the exclusive lights are put to good use, too. Wind Waker's a favorite of mine, right behind Skyward Sword!

I understand the practicality of going with 1/6th, given the simplistic design and the backlash they've been receiving for some of the larger pieces, but I do wish it was 1/4th.. While I have zero issues collecting in varying scales, I prefer to keep specific properties consistent throughout a display. Ideally, I'd like it if all iterations of museum/semi-action Links and Zeldas were complimentary to one another. That way I could attractively place each title's heroes alongside their counterparts. Likewise for the villains. I don't consider it a deal breaker in this instance, though. Should Toon Link, Tetra and Ganondorf stick out negatively, I'll just have to distance them from the rest.

I sincerely hope, however, that if and when we see Link, Zelda, Demise and whoever else from SS, that they're done in 1/4th scale. Anything less would be disappointing.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:58 AM   #37
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Any guesses as to how First 4 Figures handles themselves in the coming years?

Common sense would dictate that they revisit Majora's Mask, perhaps in a larger scale (although I don't really think that that's necessary, as much as I'd love to see it), in order to strike while the iron is hot and the hype is flowing. Then you've also got Zelda Wii U coming out this holiday season which is bound to be a huge hit for the big N.

Sadly, slow and steady isn't cutting it anymore. It's a growing market, and they still have so many projects that need to be wrapped up. I'm happy that I'm not invested in their OoT sages because if I was, I would definitely be frustrated with some of their recent decisions regarding the expansion of titles instead of pre-existing, half-finished lines. It might be within their interest to ignore the hype and just focus on what they've already started.

I say this not to be pessimistic, but simply out of curiosity. They're the company that started me on this hobby and there's nothing more I'd like than for them to succeed. Having said that, I'm ecstatic about some of their upcoming releases, so kudos to them for sinking their hooks even deeper.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:21 AM   #38
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
I understand the practicality of going with 1/6th, given the simplistic design and the backlash they've been receiving for some of the larger pieces, but I do wish it was 1/4th.. While I have zero issues collecting in varying scales, I prefer to keep specific properties consistent throughout a display. Ideally, I'd like it if all iterations of museum/semi-action Links and Zeldas were complimentary to one another. That way I could attractively place each title's heroes alongside their counterparts. Likewise for the villains. I don't consider it a deal breaker in this instance, though. Should Toon Link, Tetra and Ganondorf stick out negatively, I'll just have to distance them from the rest.

I sincerely hope, however, that if and when we see Link, Zelda, Demise and whoever else from SS, that they're done in 1/4th scale. Anything less would be disappointing.
It seems only Twilight Princess is 1/4 but the verdict is still out for Skyward Sword. TP Link on Epona is the only smaller scale TP statue, but it seems the "Link on _ " statues from any game will be smaller for obvious reasons.

TP is fine but certainly not my choice for a Zelda game, everybody has their favorite. I hope eventually FF opens up and does more versions of Ganondorf, Zelda and Link in 1/4 and not just TP versions (the TP Link is pretty much inevitable), but not at the expense of the smaller scales. I'd prefer 1/4, but there's tons out there who like the smaller ones. We all can be satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Any guesses as to how First 4 Figures handles themselves in the coming years?

Common sense would dictate that they revisit Majora's Mask, perhaps in a larger scale (although I don't really think that that's necessary, as much as I'd love to see it), in order to strike while the iron is hot and the hype is flowing. Then you've also got Zelda Wii U coming out this holiday season which is bound to be a huge hit for the big N.

Sadly, slow and steady isn't cutting it anymore. It's a growing market, and they still have so many projects that need to be wrapped up. I'm happy that I'm not invested in their OoT sages because if I was, I would definitely be frustrated with some of their recent decisions regarding the expansion of titles instead of pre-existing, half-finished lines. It might be within their interest to ignore the hype and just focus on what they've already started.

I say this not to be pessimistic, but simply out of curiosity. They're the company that started me on this hobby and there's nothing more I'd like than for them to succeed. Having said that, I'm ecstatic about some of their upcoming releases, so kudos to them for sinking their hooks even deeper.
If they had word they'd finish the OOT Sages, I'd get them all, could care less at that point about not being 1/4. But who knows what they're going to do. Not even sure they know what they're going to do on a long term basis. They're a smaller operation and are very slow. My opinion is smaller ES (it'd make their output more coveted...Ganondorf would've been long gone if not for that massive ES) and more varied output... sideshow could've had 1/4 Links from both OOT and TP, Dark Link Variants, 1/4 Shiek, a killer looking OOT style Giant Moblin, a highly detailed Iron Knuckle, smaller scale classic Link and Ganon statues, Varia Suit Samus and a Smash Bros styled Mario (detailed with denim and stitching) by now in all of the years F4F has had this license. But then again, I'm glad F4F has Nintendo because SS would've dropped the ball long ago. Maybe slow, but at least we know we're getting things from F4F.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #39
TheYoungWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It seems only Twilight Princess is 1/4 but the verdict is still out for Skyward Sword. TP Link on Epona is the only smaller scale TP statue, but it seems the "Link on _ " statues from any game will be smaller for obvious reasons.

TP is fine but certainly not my choice for a Zelda game, everybody has their favorite. I hope eventually FF opens up and does more versions of Ganondorf, Zelda and Link in 1/4 and not just TP versions (the TP Link is pretty much inevitable), but not at the expense of the smaller scales. I'd prefer 1/4, but there's tons out there who like the smaller ones. We all can be satisfied.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to dispute the convenience of smaller scales. Had they continued to put out Zelda pieces in the OoT/MM scale, I'd have zero comments or concerns. I'm both relieved and disappointed that at the time the early pieces were released, I was a teen with no means of buying in. My entry point was the Twilight Princess line, so my preference from here on out is for 1/4th pieces simply because that's what my Zelda collection consists of.

That said, F4F doesn't cater specifically to any one persons needs/desires. So if people don't mind scale variances, more power to them! Best we can do is hope that 1/4th continues to make the cut as well for those like you and I. You hit the nail on the head though; there's definitely a little something for everyone.

Quote:
If they had word they'd finish the OOT Sages, I'd get them all, could care less at that point about not being 1/4. But who knows what they're going to do. Not even sure they know what they're going to do on a long term basis. They're a smaller operation and are very slow. My opinion is smaller ES (it'd make their output more coveted...Ganondorf would've been long gone if not for that massive ES) and more varied output... sideshow could've had 1/4 Links from both OOT and TP, Dark Link Variants, 1/4 Shiek, a killer looking OOT style Giant Moblin, a highly detailed Iron Knuckle, smaller scale classic Link and Ganon statues, Varia Suit Samus and a Smash Bros styled Mario (detailed with denim and stitching) by now in all of the years F4F has had this license. But then again, I'm glad F4F has Nintendo because SS would've dropped the ball long ago. Maybe slow, but at least we know we're getting things from F4F.
Again, you bring up a good point. It's both a sad truth and something to take solace in. Their slow production speeds can be a huge bummer, especially in light of what we could be getting elsewhere. However, it's nice to know that these lines aren't going to get recycled out overnight.

Recent activity suggests that they have a vested interest in speeding up their development and expansion process so it's interesting to think about where that takes them and how. If they can strike a good balance between new projects and the rounding out of older ones at a decent pace, they're golden, imho.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:32 AM   #40
TheYoungWolf

Well, I'll be damned.. They've announced plans to put up an item for preorder every three weeks this year.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...61731&refid=17