Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 06-03-2015, 04:50 AM   #1
rocknroll
Frackin!

those large comic book production art pieces all over ebay. the real deal?

these things in general, but especially the double pages. can you usually be confident they were the actual pages used in the production of the comics. or are multiple copies of them printed up? or could people be just printing them themselves? I mean I'm sure people could do that, and you may never even be sure, but just in general, are most of these things that people sell on ebay legit one of a kind pieces?

here's one of the kind I mean just as an example of what it is I'm talking about. I do not mean to address this one specifically, or this title, or this seller, etc, specifically. I just typed in "large production art" and this was the first one that popped up in the results. does anyone know about this stuff?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Sekowsk...-/351414881096

any knowledge about these anyone can share would be much appreciated. there's a couple I've seen that look really nice for decent prices I think would be perfect for framing in my comic book room. they're so big. on some of them the prices are so tempting that I might not even care if they're one of a kind. but if they are each unique that would definitely be a huge plus for me. thank you.
rocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
Underdog07
Hercules

Many (all?) of these relate to recent reprints. Everyone I know who has bought one has been disappointed.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Underdog07
Hercules

Post the same question in the original art section for more responses
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote