Sideshow - (Hyped) 6 Day showcase with probably 10 reveals
Prime1 - (No Hype) 2 Hour showcase with 30+ reveals
xb24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:22 PM   #32
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Hoping for never been done DC comic version pfs in classic costumes.
Hell yeah! A Martian Manhunter, Two Face, Deadshot, or Ra's al Ghul PF would be awesome! That said, I wouldn't mind one rehashed character. A proper Perez Deathstroke PF is still at the top of my DC PF list.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:22 PM   #33
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Hahahahha you nailed it.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:01 AM   #34
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It would be nice if these places had a better grasp of what their audience truly wants.

Sorry.....but very, very few people care about some online only ~week long "event" with a bunch of ancillary things that generate very little interest at best and become cringe worthy at worst.

Just do a freaking video that's 1.5 - 2 hours long showcasing all the new statues and have some commentary sprinkled in by the people who make them. And if you want setup some "show floor" environment like it would look at a Comic Con and do one circle of everything on display. Done.
I think your comment is dead on, unless they actually bring out the people involved in the making of the products then having a couple people with a camera talking for 5 or 6 days over the same products, some that have been available for years is just overkill, and I'm not trying to give sideshow crap, there still my favorite statue company, but in my 5 years of collecting this has been the most uninteresting year I can remember
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #35
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
It would be nice if these places had a better grasp of what their audience truly wants.

Sorry.....but very, very few people care about some online only ~week long "event" with a bunch of ancillary things that generate very little interest at best and become cringe worthy at worst.

Just do a freaking video that's 1.5 - 2 hours long showcasing all the new statues and have some commentary sprinkled in by the people who make them. And if you want setup some "show floor" environment like it would look at a Comic Con and do one circle of everything on display. Done.
Exactly. Show us the goods and buzz off with all the hobnobbing and cheesing.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #36
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The only thing the week long event is for is codes. And to be honest, Sideshow could still do a 2 hour event and drop codes with the same amount of rewards. Just make the codes worth more.

It would make the fanbase happier in both ways - more people get the codes and we don't get annoyed with SSDD!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #37
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This will never happen, but I wish would keep the dolls separate from the statues so people who don't care about the dolls can skip said videos entirely.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #38
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

I'm guessing there thought process is to make it a "week long "fun" event" so that people keep watching, doing a scavenger hunt. I do find it annoying, cause of the short time for it all.

But P1 is gonna do there thing, and SS is going to do there thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Sadly, sounds about right, let's just hope its a great 10 reveals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I 5 or 6 days over the same products, some that have been available for years is just overkill, and I'm not trying to give sideshow crap, there still my favorite statue company, but in my 5 years of collecting this has been the most uninteresting year I can remember
This is 2020, COVID pretty much delayed EVERYTHING, and its going to be affecting us into next year. Any new PO's have a whole year + before it starts to ship. I won't be shocked if anything shown in spook/12days will probably ship till Q1 2022.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #39
craigcliff1
Zot

Got my $5.00. Used it for PCS SS EX. Don't get but a statue a year, did 2 this SS and Bespin luke PF
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:56 AM   #40
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This will never happen, but I wish would keep the dolls separate from the statues so people who don't care about the dolls can skip said videos entirely.
Dolls? These “dolls” are can works of art. Calling them dolls is an insult to the people who make them. Making a statue is easy. Making something as small as 1/6 while making it look like the actor or actress is difficult. Just look at Hot Toys DX 13 Terminator 2 or DX 08 Nicholson Joker. Those are works of art comparable to high end statues. That’s why I’m glad I dabble in both figure collecting and statue collecting. If you’re insulting one, you might as well be insulting the other.

Sorry, I just hate people who trash collectible figures by calling them dolls, like I hate people who hate statues by calling them expensive plastic. They are both works of art for what they are.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote