Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #511
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Thanos' grand plan was to kill off half the universe in order to save the universe because he did not believe there were enough resources and space to go around. He wanted the universe to thrive - and he showed that this was possible when he killed off half of Gamora's planet. They thrived as a people afterwards.

The only plot-hole I have with this (i.e., the film) is that if the infinity gauntlet grants Thanos powers over time, space, matter, and reality, and so on, why can't he simply double or triple the existing resources in the universe so that there's more than enough to go around as opposed to killing half the population of the universe so they can make do with the inadequate amounts that he thinks presently exists?
There is finite energy in the universe even the Gems have to adhere to that rule because they were created within those parameters.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:36 PM   #512
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Not sure how they do this without Adam Warlock. There's misalignment here as his character was semi introduced in GOTG but he's not set to appear in any upcoming rosters prior to the second Infinity War.

As I don't read Captain Marvel, can someone shed some light on whether Adam may make an appearance in the Captain Marvel movie? I can see Danvers taking the place of the Surfer but not so much Adam from original source material.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1662.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	113444  
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:43 PM   #513
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Has anyone considered this? There was a big deal out of the idea that "you don't trade lives". Well, with the original Avengers the only ones left at this point, perhaps in the next movie, they DO as it's the only way to save the Universe. The original Avengers for everyone else. Originals gone, everyone else is back, MCU moves on as planned.
Yes, very good point.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #514
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
No one is twisting anyone’s arms to read this thread.
Oh yeah?
Well my arm hurts and has marks that strangely resemble your hands!

But ya know how the front page can truncate long thread titles of the last post to the section?
Yeah that's how I got here and since it was so new didn't expect the embargo to be lifted.

No harm no foul man. C'mon you gotta get loose!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:01 PM   #515
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Strange said that before he looked into the future, once he saw the future and the millions of outcomes, only 1 worked against Thanos and that was to let him take the stone. Otherwise I think he would of let Stark die, plus afterwards he told Stark it was the only way.
But don’t you see? He DIDNT give up the time stone. Maybe he gave him some sort of doppelgänger
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #516
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

deleted
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #517
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I just got out the theater. My entire family loved it.
And I think Dr Strange did something to the time Stone, just the way he looked at the jem as he picked it out of the air and have it to Thanos.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #518
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
And I think Dr Strange did something to the time Stone, just the way he looked at the jem as he picked it out of the air and have it to Thanos.
Agreed. I think we’ll see that what he did leads to the other heroes coming back in the next movie.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:27 PM   #519
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I believe you guys are overthinking it. I doubt a doppleganger or any sort of tampering with the Time Stone would have enabled Thanos to use it to reverse time to acquire the Mind Stone from Vision, nor use it to eradicate half the universe. It's simply given up with the foresight necessary to make the one successful strategy eventually come to fruition.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #520
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Agreed. I think we’ll see that what he did leads to the other heroes coming back in the next movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I believe you guys are overthinking it. I doubt a doppleganger or any sort of tampering with the Time Stone would have enabled Thanos to use it to reverse time to acquire the Mind Stone from Vision, nor use it to eradicate half the universe. It's simply given up with the foresight necessary to make the one successful strategy eventually come to fruition.
Ok. Even if it WAS the time stone, I think Strange played a card somehow to save everyone from Annihilation. Either way we know SOMEONE will lol
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote