Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #2521
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
I know that there are no in hand pictures of the P2 maquette yet, but judging from the sample do you guys think that the body detail such has the equipment and weapons look better or worse than P1?

I'm not sure what you mean? Are we talking production paint here, or the actual sculpt? We can't speak for the production side of things, although we are of course hoping that after the cancellation and re-commencement that it will turn out as close to the prototype as is possible.

As for the sculpt, well the P1 is pretty much perfect as you would expect given who made it (oversized cannon aside) so it won't be "better" than that. But apart from the poor bio mask on this, the rest of the armor all looks very nice, although the spear is undersized.

Here is a nice close up of the armor, it looks pretty damn nice to me I think you'll agree...

Lets hope all of those beautiful colour tones make it onto the production pieces.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #2522
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I guess what I actually wanted to ask is, has sideshows over all quality gotten better or worse over the years? The durability of the piece and quality of the small intricate pieces (like the shoulder cannon,wrist blades and armor).
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:42 AM   #2523
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

I think the overall QC pattern for SS is not encouraging, but what you should concentrate on is the quality of Predator pieces. Since the P1 maquette, the only release that I think was above average was the LSF Wolf. Much of the rest of their releases were well below average.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:06 AM   #2524
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Wolf was considered the best predator thus far?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #2525
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Wolf was considered the best predator thus far?
General consensus, maybe. Imho, it's not better at all than the P1 Maquette, regardless of how you look at it.
Wolf is an overpriced 1:4 scale Predator from a s----y movie, graced with a decent design. Doesn't hold a candle to the Jungle or City Hunter as far as history and design go, while the production piece is, well, good. Not 2000$ good and nowhere near 3000$ good.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #2526
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
General consensus, maybe. Imho, it's not better at all than the P1 Maquette, regardless of how you look at it.
Wolf is an overpriced 1:4 scale Predator from a s----y movie, graced with a decent design. Doesn't hold a candle to the Jungle or City Hunter as far as history and design go, while the production piece is, well, good. Not 2000$ good and nowhere near 3000$ good.
it's bigger than 1:4, the rest just comes down to personal opinion. Wolf is my favourite design out of all the predators including the original.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #2527
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
it's bigger then 1:4, the rest just comes down to personal opinion. Wolf is my favourite design out of all the predators including the original.
Nope, it's 1:4 scale. Tastes are tastes and I won't debate preferences - but Wolf LSF is a 1:4 scale piece. The Wolf itself is as big as the P1 Maquette Pred, it's just in a straighter stance and on a higher base, but it's definitely 1:4 scale. A friend of mine owned both (Wolf and P1 Maq) and confirmed that they're in the same scale, posted pics where they're clearly same size.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #2528
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Nope, it's 1:4 scale. Tastes are tastes and I won't debate preferences - but Wolf LSF is a 1:4 scale piece. The Wolf itself is as big as the P1 Maquette Pred, it's just in a straighter stance and on a higher base, but it's definitely 1:4 scale. A friend of mine owned both (Wolf and P1 Maq) and confirmed that they're in the same scale, posted pics where they're clearly same size.
well I'm not going on what other people say or pictures, I own the LSF wolf the 1:3 cm and have only just sold the p1 maquette and it's bigger than 1:4 without a doubt.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #2529
Python
Omega Red

^^ I bought that maquette and saw the Wolf, he is bigger than 1/4, but not by a huge amount, as a whole though, it's a huge and impressive piece even compared to the brilliant P1.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:57 PM   #2530
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
^^ I bought that maquette and saw the Wolf, he is bigger than 1/4, but not by a huge amount, as a whole though, it's a huge and impressive piece even compared to the brilliant P1.
yeah I'd agree not quite 1:3 but definitley bigger than 1:4, which sounds awkward but with the pose and base the wolf has it displays very comfortably with 1:3 pieces