Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #331
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Here we go....

First and foremost I want to thank Todd from Specfiction who made this happen. Very classy and easy to work with for blue collar collector I am. His communication is top level and everything is done in a painless worry free way. Thank you !!

My impressions of this statue are WOW! I opened the box and the first thing that hit me was beautiful metallic paint used on tail and body armour. Easy assembly ( but I still like getting manuals myself ). To save some headaches attach right arm first before inserting the foot pegs. The fence bolts should face towards Scorpion so you know they are in right direction . None on the back of them if your set up wrong. Overall the pose and execution of this statue easily make it one best Spider rogues but it’s one of better pieces XM has done period imo. Awesome switch outs if you like full armour look. I disliked modern armoured head but the bonus to all this armour plates is that they looked awesome with classic head. Lots of cool display options. The tails are master pieces and both look fantastic with classic tail curling down close to his face while the modern was more upright . I’m undecided which way I want to go. Overall I love this statue if you can find one I recommend it!

Pictures were taken in poor lighting in dining room so take that into consideration. He really pops with metallic green paints.

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #332
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Old 11-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #333
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Here we go....

First and foremost I want to thank Todd from Specfiction who made this happen. Very classy and easy to work with for blue collar collector I am. His communication is top level and everything is done in a painless worry free way. Thank you !!

My impressions of this statue are WOW! I opened the box and the first thing that hit me was beautiful metallic paint used on tail and body armour. Easy assembly ( but I still like getting manuals myself ). To save some headaches attach right arm first before inserting the foot pegs. The fence bolts should face towards Scorpion so you know they are in right direction . None on the back of them if your set up wrong. Overall the pose and execution of this statue easily make it one best Spider rogues but it’s one of better pieces XM has done period imo. Awesome switch outs if you like full armour look. I disliked modern armoured head but the bonus to all this armour plates is that they looked awesome with classic head. Lots of cool display options. The tails are master pieces and both look fantastic with classic tail curling down close to his face while the modern was more upright . I’m undecided which way I want to go. Overall I love this statue of you can find one I recommend it!

Pictures were taken in poor lighting in dining room so take that into consideration. He really pops with metallic green paints.

Congrats bruh! Looking awesome!. No one does teeth better than XM.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #334
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Thank you!

This guy may also benefit more by putting him up on a riser to give him a powerful presence . The curled tail and way he’s looking down I think it would look even more amazing if that’s possible . Congrats to all new owners!
Old 11-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #335
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Congrats dude, that's a great looking piece. Was about to say if i had this i'd display him at a nice height so you could see it in all it's glory.

Any thoughts on the Art print?
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:31 PM   #336
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Terrible print lmao. He’s in complete modern outfit I hate it . This display is NOT the way these will be put out. I rest these statues here because they are fairly new. I walk by this area quite a bit so they sink in give me ideas. Batman’s riser is not even complete or big enough. It’s there so I can get idea of space and width needed. Height clearance etc. I put some thought into what I want to do and add to my 1/4 line up
Old 11-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #337
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Awesome statue no doubt, IMO this is the best spidey villain from XM. Congrats Subby. What is the height with Classic tail? Can't wait for mine.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #338
risingstar
Jedi Order

Gorgeous statue!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #339
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

27 & 3/4” for height on classic tail
Old 11-09-2018, 08:44 PM   #340
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
27 & 3/4” for height on classic tail
Ah dang, my middle shelf can only take 27” max, is the modern tail shorter? I have no choice but to put him on the bottom shelf
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote