Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I have no problem paying shipping on a piece I know is coming as expected with solid QC and packaging. Never once have I said, “I will wait for in hand photos.” On a XM piece.

Plus as others have said, it would be cheaper to ship because literal boat loads of statues would be shipped NA side.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #22
gomur
The Tick

Not a big fan of that teaser portrait but - knowing XM - there's sure to be another. And maybe more angles and bigger pics can win me over. Then there's the rest of the statue. Need to see it.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #23
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I would like switch-outs of a psychic katana and her psychic knife. Also if hey could do it - well - one portrait with her butterfly psychic effect.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #24
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Not a big fan of that teaser portrait but - knowing XM - there's sure to be another. And maybe more angles and bigger pics can win me over. Then there's the rest of the statue. Need to see it.
Yeah what scares me with these small shots of new characters is that it doesn't show the base. And bases have started to get out of control with their sizes. Some are good, but others try to crate to much of a scene and I think it takes away from the statue and all of my available space LOL
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If we are going off the one imagine on page 1, I’m not basing anything on that image. Nadda. Zip. Zero. XM would have retooled that ten times over by now.

Unless somebody can direct me to a new image, I’m not that concerned. I would be curious to see if they continue the Sentinel base theme, or something new. Storm doesn’t have the Sentinel base so I’m not sure where the art direction is going.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #26
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Good point about the sentinel base. Wolverine, Magneto (throne), Phoenix and sentinel diorama all have sentinels, but most the new ones dont. Cable, New magneto, Dark phoenix (wouldn't expect to have a sentinel tie in) and Storm dont have sentinel bases. On the other hand the concept art for Cyclops looks like it will have some sort of sentinel base. seems to be 50/50 on sentinel tie ins for future bases.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #27
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Are you sure Cable's base isn't Sentinel based? Sure looks to perfectly match Wolverine and Phoenix.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #28
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Big changes have happened lately with XMen. Good and bad scenario which I am not at liberty to disclose...but let's just say the cookie jar has been opened, but...hmmm...well...Cable situation comes to mind.

But fret not...because like 90% of Xmen fans will be thrilled with what XM has in store and coming soon. Let the good times roll with only a slight pinch of confusion.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #29
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Are you sure Cable's base isn't Sentinel based? Sure looks to perfectly match Wolverine and Phoenix.
Cable base comes from the back of a Sentinel
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #30
Shaughn54

ah nice, I thought it was some sort of airplane turbine, but back of a sentinel makes perfect sense.

Loric, do you know when we will see next installments? this summer or by STGCC next year?