Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 05-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #11
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
It'll probably be sold on some online stores, but you'll be paying an inflated price because the sellers will have to buy their stock at SDCC and re-sell them. Depending how hard they are to get at the show the aftermarket prices could end up rivaling the regular Harley.

I guess it's possible DC will sell some through their official website if there are leftovers. The only statue variant I remember them offering as a convention exclusive was the Black Man of Steel Superman last year. But I think that sold out at NYCC, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
This won't be available in stores. What he said was it will be sold through different retailers at the con. If you think the price on eBay is too high for the original than I would suggest not to even look for this one. Being a sdcc exclusive is gonna drive the price of this one up immediately. It kills me, but I will likely be one of the poor souls to get one on eBay.

Also, welcome to the forum!
Thank you and thanks for the info. It's too bad if it's even harder to get than the original. Even my wife wants me to have this statue, if only to shut me up about it, lol.
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #12
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
This won't be available in stores. What he said was it will be sold through different retailers at the con. If you think the price on eBay is too high for the original than I would suggest not to even look for this one. Being a sdcc exclusive is gonna drive the price of this one up immediately. It kills me, but I will likely be one of the poor souls to get one on eBay.

The SDCC exclusives, burn white hot in the aftermarket for a while, but lately I have been noticing a number of them come back down to earth after folks have forgotten about them and start lusting after the next thing.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 AM   #13
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoria_hotel View Post
Yeah I certainly hope so. If you think about it, Ivy is the one statue that could stand to benefit the most from full-color.

They're probably going to go with Red and B&W for the original release. I think the idea of anything Ivy without some green is kind of bizarre. If they went the opposite route (Green and B&W), I think gray hair on the statue is equally strange.
True, all valid points. If DCC decides to colour the vines then i hope they're painted carefully with warm green. Production wise, just painting her with dark red hair, lips, & shirt will be quicker in my opinion.

Just glad they're making an Ivy statue in this line 'cause she wasn't in the original series of promo posters. If DCC strictly followed these then after Mr. Freeze we'll only get Two Face, Penguin, Robin & Armored Catwoman (no Nurse Harley or others).
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:17 AM   #14
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:

SDCC are rarely exclusive anymore as some companies produce large quantities. For these kinds of big "exclusives" there often a surplus. Keep an eye on BBTS and AFX as I've seen them sell surplus exclusives in the past.

We'll have to see if an edition size is announced for the SDDC exclusive. Gamestop Catwoman is limited to 1000. If Harley has the same edition size, it will most likely sell out at SDCC. With a large percentage to be purchased by flippers.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Some companies will put SDCC exclusives on their website for folks who couldn't make the show. I see it every year.

Problem is.. DC didn't say who's going to get them, so we'll have to wait and find out.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #16
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I hope you guys are right. I'd love to get a chance at one of these for the original price.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #17
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2014-DC...item2a3de79b3f
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #18
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ouch, well it's begun lol
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #19
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Dang... and now that the wife has seen this I am going to have to keep an eye out/start saving.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #20
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Is it strange that I looked at the $250 price tag and thought that it wasn't THAT bad? I think I've been completely desensitized when it comes to Harley Quinn collectible prices.

Every one of her DCC pieces quickly explodes in price --- I'm in the middle of trying to convince myself that Bombshell Harley is worth the roughly $250 she's going for right now.

I'm just glad I finally thought ahead and put preorders for both the Batman B&W Harley and Nurse Harley...
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote