Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-18-2022, 03:29 PM   #111
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It really makes me wonder about the competence of these companies. Or should I say - lack of competence.

I know actor likeness is somewhat of a subjective topic, but these guys have it so wrong it's almost a joke.
Yeah that is one of the worst likenesses I've seen on a high end statue in ages. Yikes. Odd because Oniri seems to have some really cool looking pieces, they don't seem like amateurs.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:38 PM   #112
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Every time I asked about The Terminator Oniri would say they are going through the process of approval and wanted to be perfect.

After what they came up with, if anyone think that they will listen to complains and make tweaks to the statue, you are deceiving yourselves.

They went back and forth and people thought it was great enough to release and I doubt they will change their mind after reading comments from collectors. It is what it is and they are probably pretty happy considering they have sold more than half already.
Well, well well.....

That is what I said a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy to say I was wrong...

This video was posted on YouTube about Robocop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAAl8NZz68 but in there, if the auto translate was correct, Oniri said that they listened to criticism about the likeness on their new the Terminator and they will rework the head to make it better and more like the character.

Although I think the pose need also reworking as well as some of the proportions, I was very happy to hear that and admit I was wrong about them not listening to collectors. I didn't have anything against Oniri, just thought they would not make changes specially after selling more than half of it already.

For the Record, I think their pieces are great and I did pre order Robocop which is fantastic, but Terminator being my favorite character, I was very disappointed to see what they came up with when I was already making plans to get it.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what they will come up with and Oniri, if you read the comments in this forum, I want to apologize for doubting your customer service.

I know the rework will be better and that will probably change my mind about getting this piece.

Cheers
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:29 PM   #113
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Well, well well.....

That is what I said a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy to say I was wrong...

This video was posted on YouTube about Robocop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAAl8NZz68 but in there, if the auto translate was correct, Oniri said that they listened to criticism about the likeness on their new the Terminator and they will rework the head to make it better and more like the character.

Although I think the pose need also reworking as well as some of the proportions, I was very happy to hear that and admit I was wrong about them not listening to collectors. I didn't have anything against Oniri, just thought they would not make changes specially after selling more than half of it already.

For the Record, I think their pieces are great and I did pre order Robocop which is fantastic, but Terminator being my favorite character, I was very disappointed to see what they came up with when I was already making plans to get it.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what they will come up with and Oniri, if you read the comments in this forum, I want to apologize for doubting your customer service.

I know the rework will be better and that will probably change my mind about getting this piece.

Cheers
So, let's be clear......people originally complained about the Terminator statue, Oniri acknowledges those complaints and then shows the current piece.....which is not good. People complain again, and they say they will fix it......sorry, but this sounds like history repeating itself

I would hold off apologizing until you see they have done their job....so far all they have demonstrated is that they can read customer complaints......while that's great, I'm collecting statues, not promises
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:44 PM   #114
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
So, let's be clear......people originally complained about the Terminator statue, Oniri acknowledges those complaints and then shows the current piece.....which is not good. People complain again, and they say they will fix it......sorry, but this sounds like history repeating itself

I would hold off apologizing until you see they have done their job....so far all they have demonstrated is that they can read customer complaints......while that's great, I'm collecting statues, not promises
I think you misunderstood Silas... this video is the first time they acknowledged the criticisms and they said they are now reworking the head. They told me just a few minutes ago they will show the new head soon. The apology is for the fact I said they would do nothing and won't listen to collectors. Even if the new head is not as good as it could be, I give them credit for acknowledging the criticisms and say they would do something about it on video today.

That's all
Old 01-22-2022, 04:47 PM   #115
Blade3327
Nightwing

Interesting.

This especially casts doubt on their claim to have sold 250 preorders in one day.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:13 PM   #116
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I confirm thats the first time they acknowledge these problems with likeness, I'm sure they will coming with a better one (not hard you will say lol). They also said they will re-touch it again if the new head is still not good. Constructive criticism is always welcome they said.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:17 PM   #117
Dundee
Hydra

That Robocop looks great. I'd expect that level of excellence for the price. Hmmm making me think should I take a risk with their terminator piece
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:22 PM   #118
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
That Robocop looks great. I'd expect that level of excellence for the price. Hmmm making me think should I take a risk with their terminator piece
My thought exactly but I will wait to see the new head... To be honest, I also think the head was a bit big making the body look smaller so let's wait and see what they come up with and if it does look good, then I will order

E.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:26 PM   #119
Bottled_Water
Birdman

For me there are more issues than just the head, but glad they're deciding to rework it.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:40 PM   #120
FDS
Justice League

Even this new toy figure looks like a better sculpt!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 22.38.56.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	146031  
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote