Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-23-2022, 04:21 PM   #111
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
That's pretty good! Any close up pics?

SammyG on collectorfreaks did a 55 edition run of a custom spear as well back in the day. https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thre...168427/page-31
Yeah, I tried to contact him for any helpful info he might have but never heard back from him.

I bought a 3D file of a spear. We changed the size, added a part that fit perfectly in the open hand. Hollowed it out for the lighting with a hole on the side for the cable and made it so it splits into two parts. He printed and painted/weathered it then I added the led light and painted the Kryptonite so it had a shine.

Are these pics okay? Let me know if you want anything specific. Makes me realize I should dust before taking pics lol.

T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 12:06 AM   #112
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

3 more hours before price increase!! (Potentially)

annnd... I ordered through Spec. Just can't miss this in case it turns out good, willing to lose the deposit if it's a huge mess. But the paint app on Lara overall is pretty good, color-wise and wear look good from a normal viewing distance.. betting on this to be okay. I need my 1/4 Affleck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
Yeah, I tried to contact him for any helpful info he might have but never heard back from him.

I bought a 3D file of a spear. We changed the size, added a part that fit perfectly in the open hand. Hollowed it out for the lighting with a hole on the side for the cable and made it so it splits into two parts. He printed and painted/weathered it then I added the led light and painted the Kryptonite so it had a shine.

Are these pics okay? Let me know if you want anything specific. Makes me realize I should dust before taking pics lol.
Thank you for the detailed pics! That looks great! I think I'm good with no spear for him though, since I already have it for the HT.
fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:14 AM   #113
BeyondUnlimited
Doh!

Had the privilege of seeing this piece in person today at the Collectibles Unleashed event at the Weta Cave in in Auckland, New Zealand.

Don't believe I can attach videos in here but have posted a quick clip to youtube: https://youtu.be/O9lzI5BjRbk

I have to say, this piece is amazing in person. I was even lucky enough to chat with the sculptor, Mauro Santini, who was super gracious and pointed out so many details and easter eggs I hadn't noticed previously.

If anyone is still on the fence with this piece, don't be. It has a great presence and you'll be glad you did, as I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out fairly quickly once it starts shipping.
BeyondUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:25 AM   #114
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUnlimited View Post
Had the privilege of seeing this piece in person today at the Collectibles Unleashed event at the Weta Cave in in Auckland, New Zealand.

Don't believe I can attach videos in here but have posted a quick clip to youtube: https://youtu.be/O9lzI5BjRbk

I have to say, this piece is amazing in person. I was even lucky enough to chat with the sculptor, Mauro Santini, who was super gracious and pointed out so many details and easter eggs I hadn't noticed previously.

If anyone is still on the fence with this piece, don't be. It has a great presence and you'll be glad you did, as I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out fairly quickly once it starts shipping.
It looks great! Looking forward to it. Thanks for the video. What Easter eggs did he point out?
Old 07-23-2022, 02:39 AM   #115
BeyondUnlimited
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
It looks great! Looking forward to it. Thanks for the video. What Easter eggs did he point out?
You can actually see a batarang if you look inside his jacket which was neat! The car he's standing on was cut with Superman's heat vision, one of the tires looks different than the other as it's the spare tire. There are some bullets on the base the exact type from the gun he's holding.

Also, the rust on the car looks super realistic, same with the tail light. The whole base really stands out more in person. You can just tell he and the team laboured for hours on all the small details.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:49 AM   #116
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUnlimited View Post
You can actually see a batarang if you look inside his jacket which was neat! The car he's standing on was cut with Superman's heat vision, one of the tires looks different than the other as it's the spare tire. There are some bullets on the base the exact type from the gun he's holding.

Also, the rust on the car looks super realistic, same with the tail light. The whole base really stands out more in person. You can just tell he and the team laboured for hours on all the small details.
That's awesome! Thanks.

Batfleck deserves the attention.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:23 AM   #117
nermin93
Frackin!

did you ask if we are geting anything else in this line? seems like it kind of died out?
nermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:51 AM   #118
Mister H
Gen 13

I would love to have that camo Deathstroke.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:36 PM   #119
BeyondUnlimited
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermin93 View Post
did you ask if we are geting anything else in this line? seems like it kind of died out?
They were pretty tight lipped, but I think they?re just holding out on announcing anything more until the current line up gets out there, since there have been a few delays. They?re all huge fans I?m sure they want to make the most of the license 🙂 I would also love to see Knightmare Deathstroke, Steppenwolf etc.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:42 PM   #120
nermin93
Frackin!

cool, thanks for the info
nermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote