Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #111
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
a second or third head is a MUST !!! the rest is okay and the detail like the damaged fender and tank of the bike is nice. for me as a punisherfan a nice view of him. the idea to put him on a bike and not into his van is nice, the rest pose with weapons in ready for action diorama is good enough for Frank to be a really nice collecting piece. Just another or two other heads would turn this into a fenomenal piece to express the different comic arts of the charakter (Jim Lee, Marco Checchetto, ...) .
XM wont be doing a comicbook artist inspired head.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #112
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO42 View Post
now comes the trend of superheroes on motorcycles.
Well if any hero is gonna be on a motorcycle its gonna be ghost rider and punisher.. cant think of any other marvel characters that could really pull it off as well as these two.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #113
qz33
Doctor Doom

I know XM has been burned from some overcooked pieces in the past trying to listen to fan comments but please hear these.

The guns need mounts (which would display them even better).

Please at least close the M60's bipod!! Or ditch the bipod all together! Looks ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I like the way you think, Punisher. This whole concept to me is totally out of whack. The saddle bag full of guns has got to go. Lets looks at this from a realistic point of view. If XM is gonna go with a bike concept then fine, go with it. But there's no way in hell those weapons are gonna be secure if he's utilizing the bike. There needs to be mounts on the back fenders or frame of his bike for weapons, and not a damn saddle bag filled and overflowing with unsecured guns sticking out.

The same can be said about the M60. How the hell is he gonna utilize a motorcycle while trying to hold onto that thing? I understand Punsher is master of weaponry and XM wants to showcase him with a bunch of heavy weapons, but lets be realistic about it man. If you wanna use the M60, then fine, but if he's gonna be shown stopping and holding it in his hand, then his bike needs to support the idea with an empty mount on one side of his back fender or bike frame.

Me personally, I think XM should just get rid of the M60...it's way too much. It makes more sense to me for him to be carrying lighter weapons if he's gonna be on a bike. He can have an array of ---- on him. He can have an assault rifle or sub-machine gun in his right hand, the exact same way he's holding the M60. At the same time he can have a sniper rifle, combat shotgun, crossbow, or another assault rifle slung across his back. Or...he can have two sawn off shotguns holstered on his back instead.

If you're gonna give Punisher weapons, fine, but do it realistically, dude. XM's trying way too hard with giving him heavy weaponry while riding a motorcycle. And that's another thing...Punisher comes from a military background. He's tactical...not an unrealistic human tank. Get rid of the whole -----kickers and baggy pants honky-tonk look. Instead blouse his pants like military members do and give him some combat boots.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #114
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I would agree with removing the bipod...
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:57 AM   #115
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just curious, why is it the open bipod an issue? I know it's opened only when you plant down the gun to add stability, but what if, say, Punisher already opened it because he's planning to step off the bike, crouch near a wall and plant it down immediatly?
I like it as a touch tbh, don't know if it's too much hassle to engineer but it'd be great if they made it movable, so everyone can decide how to display it.

Quote:
Everything has already been done, deal with it. Gentle Giant has been doing a whole line about superheroes on motorcycles for years, and nobody blinked. Throne pieces were happening years and years ago, before Magneto and before Doom. There are characters to lend themselves to certain poses/bases and there's nothing wrong with it until said pose/base stays close to the character's nature.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #116
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
If that's the case then Cap and Wolverine are no-brainers.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #117
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Well if any hero is gonna be on a motorcycle its gonna be ghost rider and punisher.. cant think of any other marvel characters that could really pull it off as well as these two.
Ghost Rider is a given and while I never questioned Punisher riding a motorcycle, it's not something he's known for or is depicted with often.

Characters depicted riding motorcycles more than Punisher: Captain America, Wolverine, Gambit and I'd even say Cyclops is depicted more on a motorcycle than Punisher, from the comics to the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Everything has already been done, deal with it. Gentle Giant has been doing a whole line about superheroes on motorcycles for years, and nobody blinked. Throne pieces were happening years and years ago, before Magneto and before Doom. There are characters to lend themselves to certain poses/bases and there's nothing wrong with it until said pose/base stays close to the character's nature.
Why upset over that comment? I really don't think it was a complaint. I think it was just a harmless statement.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #118
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
If that's the case then Cap and Wolverine are no-brainers.
Ah, beat me to it, but yeah.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #119
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Why upset over that comment? I really don't think it was a complaint. I think it was just a harmless statement.
Wasn't upset, just pointing out a few things, probably should've used a smiley here and there
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:26 AM   #120
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Ghost Rider is a given and while I never questioned Punisher riding a motorcycle, it's not something he's known for or is depicted with often.

Characters depicted riding motorcycles more than Punisher: Captain America, Wolverine, Gambit and I'd even say Cyclops is depicted more on a motorcycle than Punisher, from the comics to the movies.

Wow! I had no idea. I have seen Punisher riding a bike numerous times in the comics and in the movies...never seen the others outside of Cap and Wolvie in the movies ride one.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote