Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-13-2021, 06:01 AM   #101
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"New PreOrder coming soon with the XM Studios X-23 1/4 Scale Statue. Stay tuned for more reveal coming soon! Be prepared for the full reveal of Laura Kinney."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:06 AM   #102
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- X-23 will be ready for Pre-Order on Wednesday, 15th September 2021, at 6p.m (SGT)! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:4 MARVEL X-Men Premium Collectibles series statue, X-23! Laura Kinney is X-23, the perfect killing machine created from stolen DNA of Wolverine himself. Now free from The Facility that valued her only as a killer, Laura has become a hero and sometimes member of the X-Men. Currently, she has taken up the mantle from Logan as the All-New Wolverine! This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish.

When a top-secret program attempted to recreate the original Weapon X experiment that involved the feral mutant Wolverine, they failed to secure a test subject that could survive the bonding of the virtually unbreakable metal Adamantium to their skeleton. Using the only available genetic sample from Weapon X, which was damaged, they were unable to salvage the Y chromosome after 22 attempts. They created a female clone and gave birth to "X-23." Raised in captivity, X-23 was trained to be a weapon. Kinney did her best to ensure the child retained some semblance of humanity.

In this Premium Collectible, X-23 is seen with claws unsheathed, steady and determined, ready to leap off a crushed jeep to take down whoever is in her way."

XM Studios Facebook

Old 09-13-2021, 08:07 AM   #103
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- X-23 will be ready for Pre-Order on Wednesday, 15th September 2021, at 6p.m (SGT)! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:4 MARVEL X-Men Premium Collectibles series statue, X-23! Laura Kinney is X-23, the perfect killing machine created from stolen DNA of Wolverine himself. Now free from The Facility that valued her only as a killer, Laura has become a hero and sometimes member of the X-Men. Currently, she has taken up the mantle from Logan as the All-New Wolverine! This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish.

When a top-secret program attempted to recreate the original Weapon X experiment that involved the feral mutant Wolverine, they failed to secure a test subject that could survive the bonding of the virtually unbreakable metal Adamantium to their skeleton. Using the only available genetic sample from Weapon X, which was damaged, they were unable to salvage the Y chromosome after 22 attempts. They created a female clone and gave birth to "X-23." Raised in captivity, X-23 was trained to be a weapon. Kinney did her best to ensure the child retained some semblance of humanity.

In this Premium Collectible, X-23 is seen with claws unsheathed, steady and determined, ready to leap off a crushed jeep to take down whoever is in her way."

XM Studios Facebook

Old 09-13-2021, 08:40 AM   #104
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I like it. Not sure if I'll buy it as I'm not a huge fan of the character compared to most (she didn't exist when I first started collecting comics lol).

Still very much like it though, but with so much competition on these X-Men pieces, hard for me to get behind it.

I also don't know why they removed the teeth/gritty portrait, as I really liked that.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:19 AM   #105
brs1002
Frackin!

Is it just me or does she seem like she is standing very straight at certain angles???
brs1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:26 AM   #106
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

X-23 is one of my all-time favorite Marvel characters. But I guess I'll have to wait for a statue of her.
I just don't like it. So emotionless, so unimaginative ... there are so many fantastic ways to portray Laura.
A real shame.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:29 AM   #107
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
X-23 is one of my all-time favorite Marvel characters. But I guess I'll have to wait for a statue of her.
I just don't like it. So emotionless, so unimaginative ... there are so many fantastic ways to portray Laura.
A real shame.
Not to turn this into a XM vs SS post but it was hard for XM to match what sideshow did with their x-23. Imo that's a massive home run, but I missed out on the EX and never display my pieces without a mask/cowl, if it's an option.

Much like you, I'm likely just going to wait. Too many other pieces competing for the monies.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #108
dechirico7
The Flash

You really can't get any more boring than this, lol.

The base makes no sense, has no meaning for the character. Pose is terrible.
Laura has a lot of iconic poses and this is not one of them.

Then they display her with Wolverine. Their bases are so different that they don't display in a cohesive manner, at all.

Looks like a rework of the XM Ms. Marvel piece.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #109
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

She's supposed to be the new wolverine in this costume, where's the rage face or gritting teeth ? Seems they wanted a more pretty look but doesn't make sense for the character. Just like Psylocke and Rogue, two female statues with zero emotion conveyed.

I'm usually an easy sell for X-Men pieces, but the XM's last few Psylocke/Rogue/Beast/Archangel and now X-23 have been a pass for me. (or hard pass as the cool kids say).

Only hope that Apocalypse and Nightcrawler get a better depictions.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:06 PM   #110
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

So they show it next to the Wolverine piece that has an expression matching the pose, while her face is looking quite...bored? Why would she look like that in battle lol.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote