Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Can you see whether he's read the messages? I know Facebook allows you to check if the recipient has read the messages.
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #22
TSM_in_NY
Frackin!

^ I'm sure he's just busy, aric.

Busy NOT doing the commissions he's already been paid for.

OH SNAP!!!11one

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

Last edited by TSM_in_NY; 05-21-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
TSM_in_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #23
s.slayton
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post

As it became clear this might be "one of those artists...", I reminded the artist of our original terms and that the PayPal deadline was approaching. I did not buy into any of the BS list of excuses we've been used to hearing for years. The day before the paypal deadline, I got my cash. Six weeks wasted -- BUT, I never really lost control of the commission. At the end, I treated the artist like I would anyone else I hired to do something for me. It starts politely and respectfully, I assess progress, and if things turn out well, great, if not, guess what -- you're fired, which is what happened.

There is simply way too much artwork out there to buy to ever have to accept this kind of work ethic, or lack of. There is always some other piece of artwork you can love just as much or more. Besides, it's a bit more of a challenge to enjoy a piece of artwork from someone who dicked you around than it is from someone who appeared to respect your time and hard earned money and met their deadlines without any BS.
Very well put and couldn't agree more!
s.slayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #24
Edward-G
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric View Post
Can you see whether he's read the messages? I know Facebook allows you to check if the recipient has read the messages.
Hi Aric, I can't say for certain that he's read the Facebook messages.

What I do know was that he was online last night (a comment left by a lady on his Wall was removed) and that my yahoo and gmail messages have been getting thru. When I asked for a refund on April 9th (a Tuesday), he replied that he would start sending me scans of the finished commissions by the Thursday of that same week. I haven't heard from him since then. But he has posted several pieces on CAF for sale, including your Batman.

He has probably been very friendly and quick to reply to your emails. He was the same with me and this Spanish collector, as well, up until 6 months ago.
Edward-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #25
aric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward-G View Post
Hi Aric, I can't say for certain that he's read the Facebook messages.

What I do know was that he was online last night (a comment left by a lady on his Wall was removed) and that my yahoo and gmail messages have been getting thru. When I asked for a refund on April 9th (a Tuesday), he replied that he would start sending me scans of the finished commissions by the Thursday of that same week. I haven't heard from him since then. But he has posted several pieces on CAF for sale, including your Batman.

He has probably been very friendly and quick to reply to your emails. He was the same with me and this Spanish collector, as well, up until 6 months ago.
I really hope this works out for you. When I saw the Batman piece pop up on his caf page, I immediately inquired about the availablity of the piece. He responded fast and I had the ietm within a week. Not sure what is gooing on with him now, but here's hoping he resolves this to your satisfaction. Do you still want the piece at this point?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Is it time for the SF crew to take to facebook and other avenues to bring new light to this issue?

It's worked before.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #27
aric

I sent Larry a message via facebook asking what was going on with his commissions list because I had some buddies asking me about my commission experiecne, etc. Larry said he was taking care of it, so i am hopeful that this situation gets resolved quickly.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #28
TSM_in_NY
Frackin!

I will believe it when I see it, aric.

If Stroman said water was wet and the sky was blue I'd still question his honesty, never mind his spelling skills or, in his case, lack thereof.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.
TSM_in_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #29
Edward-G
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric View Post
I really hope this works out for you. When I saw the Batman piece pop up on his caf page, I immediately inquired about the availablity of the piece. He responded fast and I had the ietm within a week. Not sure what is gooing on with him now, but here's hoping he resolves this to your satisfaction. Do you still want the piece at this point?
I still do. While his behavior regarding my commissions (and apparently, with those of other fans) have damaged the admiration and trust I had in him, it has not changed my view with regards to his artistic ability. Recently, I bought a Havok and a Batman on eBay. They are on the way to me now from the original owner in the UK. And with all the benefits of the PayPal Buyers' Protection Policy!
Edward-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
Sam
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM_in_NY View Post
I will believe it when I see it, aric.

If Stroman said water was wet and the sky was blue I'd still question his honesty, never mind his spelling skills or, in his case, lack thereof.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.
Something that has always struck me TSM is that if someone has a valid argument (which I believe you do) then there's nothing more needed than to discuss the problem. However, when the argument is weak, people start to pick at the other party, much like you're doing regarding his grammar and spelling abilities. I don't see any need for you to stoop to mudslinging tactics to make any point. All it does is make you look petty, and you have a very valid problem that deserves the proper attention without making people tune you out because of petty comments and attacks.

Just my opinion.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote