Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2020, 04:55 PM   #11
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

They aren’t phasing out boxes. Same argument different day. Unemployment will near 20% by the time all is said and done it doesn’t matter which characters they release. People are struggling to put food on the table.

That asinine idea a character will support their business model is prehistoric. No one cares anymore.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #12
Silicon Man
Frackin!

My biggest issues with SS:

-Insane price hikes over the past 2 years
-Fake sell-outs
-Some bad final portraits (e.g. Psylocke)
-New waitlist system is stupid
-Not caring enough about customer input
-Hogging licenses
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:01 PM   #13
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I agree with the first 3, but it really isn't in Sideshow's court to "hog" a license. Marvel/DC are the ones who control that. They're the ones deciding to not allow other companies to make statues.

And I still question how legitimate these licenses even are. I mean Christ Prime 1 is making a Batman Zero Year statue that is OBVIOUSLY 1:4, but they're saying it's 1:3 so they get away with it? Doesn't add up.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:01 PM   #14
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I'm so confused, you want a 1/4th scale Doc Ock packaged by XM!?! That's for sale / Pre Order on various sites right.now. SS does not have an exclusive to any of the Marvel stuff. So many great options already exist for Marvel fans.
Not sure how you got that from what I posted. I was giving XM props on their packaging and was saying how the hell SS hasn't done a Doc Ock.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #15
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yea did they say they are phasing out art boxes because I haven't seen that. Colossus is a new release that I got today, and yea it definitely has an art box so not sure where that is coming from?

I do like the velcro straps on the XM boxes. I only have one, the XM red ranger, and it was pretty cool, but XM is also hundreds of dollars more than what you are paying from SS. I'm assuming some of that "extra" cost is put into the better packaging.

I'm fine with how SS packages their products. I'm now 7 statues deep with SS and have never had an issue with their packaging. No broken pieces, etc. So it seems to be working just fine. I don't wan't to pay another $100 or more for some velcro straps and some black styrofoam. As the model goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

You're argument consisted of the fact you had to "lift" the styrofoam out of the art box? Why is that a problem? It even has handles on the top of the Styrofoam to stick your fingers in and help you lift it out. I think that's great. And if I remember my 1 XM purchase correctly, I still had to do the same thing so again why is this an issue? Are we arguing over having simply take a box cutter and knife to cut some tape seal on the side vs. undoing velcro straps? lol. Come on...
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #16
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
They aren’t phasing out boxes. Same argument different day. Unemployment will near 20% by the time all is said and done it doesn’t matter which characters they release. People are struggling to put food on the table.

That asinine idea a character will support their business model is prehistoric. No one cares anymore.
Sorry dude. I'm tired of hearing about the virus and talking about it. That's why I started the thread. To escape this covid madness. I'm aware of the stats you mentioned. I'm blessed that I haven't got laid off and have had a steady paycheck since this quarantine crap started. This forum is an escape for me. Sorry if I somehow upset you.

As far as SS.... They've already shipped a few statues without an art box. Looks like they're phasing out art boxes to me. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #17
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Yea did they say they are phasing out art boxes because I haven't seen that. Colossus is a new release that I got today, and yea it definitely has an art box so not sure where that is coming from?

I do like the velcro straps on the XM boxes. I only have one, the XM red ranger, and it was pretty cool, but XM is also hundreds of dollars more than what you are paying from SS. I'm assuming some of that "extra" cost is put into the better packaging.

I'm fine with how SS packages their products. I'm now 7 statues deep with SS and have never had an issue with their packaging. No broken pieces, etc. So it seems to be working just fine. I don't wan't to pay another $100 or more for some velcro straps and some black styrofoam. As the model goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

You're argument consisted of the fact you had to "lift" the styrofoam out of the art box? Why is that a problem? It even has handles on the top of the Styrofoam to stick your fingers in and help you lift it out. I think that's great. And if I remember my 1 XM purchase correctly, I still had to do the same thing so again why is this an issue? Are we arguing over having simply take a box cutter and knife to cut some tape seal on the side vs. undoing velcro straps? lol. Come on...
I was pretty clear what I said. The majority of SS statues I need a second person to help me pull that thing out. Very annoying. When I unpacked my XM Beta Ray Bill it was frustration free. I don't think better Styrofoam and Velcro straps add that much to the cost. Especially with the money SS charges.

I didn't start this thread to argue or debate either.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:17 PM   #18
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Yeah I agree

I stopped impulse buying from SS years ago, if I sell a piece I may replace it.

This is supposed to be a fun hobby
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:18 PM   #19
Mister H
Gen 13

My biggest current frustration with SS is how they will serve a string of great statues and then lay a big turd on our plate.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #20
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
My biggest current frustration with SS is how they will serve a string of great statues and then lay a big turd on our plate.
Yeah I agree. It's amazing how that happens.