Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #21
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I was pretty clear what I said. The majority of SS statues I need a second person to help me pull that thing out. Very annoying. When I unpacked my XM Beta Ray Bill it was frustration free. I don't think better Styrofoam and Velcro straps add that much to the cost. Especially with the money SS charges.

I didn't start this thread to argue or debate either.
But why start a thread with your opinion if it's clearly something that's debatable. Seems pretty one sided.

You're complaining about packaging. I understand you had other points about not getting more characters outside of the main few, which I agree with, which is why I chose to speak on your packaging comments.

I have had no issues opening SS packages. Colossus and Rogue were HUGE, and I still did it...on my own.

Sounds like you just need to hit the gym a bit more
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:23 PM   #22
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

That’s why they stick to the Wolverines & Batman’s

You guys want one but not the other

Same rant different day

Like you said, they don’t give a ---- so why bother?
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #23
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
I didn't start this thread to argue or debate either.
.........Then why even bother reading the responses? The odds of every response being "Totally agree with you" are pretty slim.

It's a message board. Debate/Arguments about the topics are pretty much their purpose.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #24
The World
Justice League

I feel like Sideshow has actually stepped up in the past years..
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #25
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
.........Then why even bother reading the responses? The odds of every response being "Totally agree with you" are pretty slim.

It's a message board. Debate/Arguments about the topics are pretty much their purpose.
My apologies guys. Debate away. You're right.

As far as SS getting rid of art boxes I had read allot of people on facebook and some on this board. And Juggernaut didn't have an artbox. Not a big deal but it's annoying that SS keeps raising prices and instead of getting better they're going the other way.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:43 PM   #26
mva5580

While I personally don't care if the box has art on it or not, I get the perception it creates as prices continue to rise. People are going to look at that and wonder where that is going beyond SS being able to save whatever amount of $ they are by making that change.

But in comparison to XM I mean to be fair XM's product/presentation SHOULD be above Sideshow's considering their statues tend to cost $100's of dollars more.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #27
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
While I personally don't care if the box has art on it or not, I get the perception it creates as prices continue to rise. People are going to look at that and wonder where that is going beyond SS being able to save whatever amount of $ they are by making that change.

But in comparison to XM I mean to be fair XM's product/presentation SHOULD be above Sideshow's considering their statues tend to cost $100's of dollars more.
Actually it's not as drastic as it used to be. I didn't pay much for my XM Beta Ray Bill. SS can easily package their statues like XM and mostly everyone else does. The one that really got me was my PCS Stormshadow that I got yesterday. If they can afford Velcro straps and a nice box SS can too. SS is my favorite company but it is what it is.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #28
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Prime 1 has started using velcro straps? Haven't received a new Prime 1 in a while...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #29
mva5580

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen a few recent P1 unboxings that had the velcro.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:03 PM   #30
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
As far as SS getting rid of art boxes I had read allot of people on facebook and some on this board. And Juggernaut didn't have an artbox. Not a big deal but it's annoying that SS keeps raising prices and instead of getting better they're going the other way.
I know Juggy didn't get an art box, but that was a massive statue that came in two boxes, so I just figured it was an exception. I'm curious as to what other pieces people have noticed that didn't have an art box. In terms of shipping quality, I have not qualms with the way SS goes about it...getting the styrofoam out of the brown shipper can be a minor annoyance, but no big deal. As long as the item arrives unbroken, I'm good, and so far that has been the case (knock on keyboard).
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote