Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #21
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Igo's choices on comic characters are worrisome to me, but he's had his share of success. And he seems to be made for the MotU 1:5 line as each entry has been a resounding success. Well, except for the heavily fabric-ed Evil-Lyn which was rectified on the follow-up release. So I'm down for more MotU under his direction.
I think the second Evil-Lyn was made because the first Evil-Lyn was so a big success and sold out very fast.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:10 AM   #22
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
I think the second Evil-Lyn was made because the first Evil-Lyn was so a big success and sold out very fast.
You may be right, but I consider the 2nd Classic Version an improvement overall. The overuse of fabric on the first ruined the lower half of an excellent Mark Newman sculpt. It just looked cleaner sculpted.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bd49ffd14c4767a80f97e433fa45818c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	130576   Click image for larger version

Name:	466cddfd488cfa0625febed4c635ccab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	130577  
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:21 AM   #23
craigcliff1
Zot

Igo jist works there, it's up to Chad for what Igo get's to do.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #24
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Igi jist works there, it's up to Chad for what Igo get's to do.
He’s the creative director.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #25
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes but not the owener, so if Chad dosen't like something it wont get made. SSC was the who let Igo make the stuff people didn't like, they could have said no.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #26
dechirico7
The Flash

I think David has a true appreciation for these characters. The line is going to be great. I look forward to Evil-Lyn, Teela and Sorceress designs. I think the SS Evil-Lynn was a pretty piece, it just wasnt consistent with the rest of the line. It strayed too much from the original design.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:57 AM   #27
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Igo jist works there, it's up to Chad for what Igo get's to do.
Quote from David Igo's Facebook post:
Quote:
Super stoked to join up with Chad Colebank as a Creative Director and help run the Masters of the Universe lines for Tweeterhead, starting out with continuing the 1:5 Scale "LEGENDS" line I worked on years ago with my family at Sideshow Collectibles.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #28
FJC
Midnighter

KEEP IGO AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM THE SUPERPOWERS LINE! I can't stress that enough. He already Fd up my shot at a 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke. The last thing I want is for him to do the exact same thing with a 1/6 scale Deathstroke in the Superpowers line. Keep the Superpowers line classic and comic accurate. I'm fine with Igo working on any other line at Tweeter so long as it's not the Superpowers line.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #29
Igo
Producer
Producer

GOOOD MORNING!!!

Hey guys and gals. AS MY FIRST DECREE AS RULER OF TWEETERHEAD WHO ANSWERS TO NO ONE, ALL DC UNDERPANTS ARE GONE MOVING FORWARD!!!

Kidding... I get it, not everyone was in love with some of the projects I was responsible for in the past... There were a LOT of facets to the decision making that went into what was produced at such a big company like Sideshow... I was there for 10 years, started as a designer, was a design manager for a couple of years, and AD'ed for about the last 6 years... and Sideshow and the collectibles industry changed DRASTICALLY over those 10 years... For context, when I started at Sideshow, Bowen was still producing statues and places like XM and Prime1 have only really been around for the last few years. Most statues were still traditionally sculpted and now nearly everything is digital (remember the traditional vs digital debates? FUN!)

Every company is different, times have changed drastically, and Ive learned a lot, Ive grown, and Im stoked to help Chad out with whatever he needs... because yes, I work with Chad and for Chad...

Chad has plans for Tweeterhead and my main focus will be helping run the Masters of the Universe line as well as a couple of other new things we have in the works. I have ZERO intention of removing underpants from superheroes... and even if I was asked to help Chad with his DC license, I would never want to change a successful recipe... I have a personal preference, but I also know Tweeterhead has an aesthetic and collector base, and Chad has unique goals and objectives he wants to meet for his customers and my only intentions are to make sure I can help him meet those goals.

So, Im back to some casual posting and participation on the forums from time to time... I know some people didnt like my sarcasm and some appreciated it, and sometimes I might have stepped over the line here and there and I totally own that, but hopefully I can find that balance and still only SLIGHTLY piss people off from time to time

Anyways, Im stoked to help Chad continue the MOTU line I was involved in during my time at Sideshow, and Im cautiously excited for all your feedback... but honestly, I always appreciate the honesty, even if it is excruciatingly critical, and hopefully my role with Tweeterhead will be viewed as mostly positive, but I have to earn that, so I guess we'll see!

XOXO
Igo
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #30
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Nice to have you back posting Igo, congrats on the new position.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote