Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #121
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
Utterly stunning !
I normally only go for lifesize but may have to get this one ,
Is this likely to be for sale on sideshows site or do you buy direct ?

Sideshow should have it. I Hope so anyway, they don't have any competing products so there's no reason they shouldn't.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #122
Hyena
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Sideshow should have it. I Hope so anyway, they don't have any competing products so there's no reason they shouldn't.
Brilliant ! I look forward to it going up for preorder
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:54 AM   #123
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
Brilliant ! I look forward to it going up for preorder
Does anyone know when PO might be for this peice? Even a hint of an idea based on previous Coolprops/Prime 1 protos?

Also for anyone on this thread who doesn't know, there's a thread up in Prime 1 also.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #124
Joel
The Herculoids

Does anyone know when PO might be for this peice? Even a hint of an idea based on previous Coolprops/Prime 1 protos?
Old 08-14-2017, 02:18 AM   #125
Joel
The Herculoids

Does anyone in here have any decent insight into Coolprops using Prime 1 (or working with) and the final quality of the peice?

I ask because I was very much considering their recent 1:1 alien head bust because it look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in the prototype. I mean a head bust just isn't my thing but it looked amazing.

The second I saw an in hand video that was it, I was out without a second thought despite spending many weeks talking myself into taking the plunge. The in hand vs. proto was not just a little different, it looked more like someone was given the prototype and told to try and copy it. And failed. Couldn't believe the difference in the clear dome and so many other details that weren't just lacking, they were completely missing.

For crying out loud the inner jaw didn't even look painted on the final product, I was white with no detailing in the video I saw. I get proto is one thing but I feel ripped off whe the final quality is so significantly different it looks like it could have come from another company.

Really hoping that's not the case on this one. I can handle a step down in quality but if it was to the level of the dog head, at the price this will likely be I would be sooooo disappointed.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #126
Manu81
The Spirit

Hi Joel, i'll give you my opinion...
I am a proud future owner of this bust. I pre-ordered it a few months ago...I find the dog's head awesome! The one that I like less is the blue warrior and I think that most of the bad pictures we have seen are because of bad lighting...I don't want to display that bust with lotsxof light around it...I prefer to do it in a darjer place and all thf busts I've seen in these lighting conditions look awesome to me...

In that case, the big chap bust, I am sure that it will be stunning mainly for three reasons:

- big chap has not a bery difficult paintjob...I mean, of course they could make different tonalities of black-grey colour, but it would be difficult to do a bad job there (even if it is less detailed in color, it will look "nice". There aren't plastic tendons (that I find bad executed and with time they turn yellowish...I don't like that), teeth are chromed (no bad paintjob then like in SS lsb big chap bust)
- This is the main piece for coolprops as the big chap is the main representation of Giger's Alien itself. They can't do it bad because it will be very bad for them in the future. If they can't nail their main product, what will they do whith the rest???
-Giger's museum is involved and they will sign each bust as a proove that they are exactely like the original prop...if the give us a piece of..., in which place the original prop will be?

This is just my opinion can't wait to see in person my new bust..and can't wait to know more about the maquettes?? Why we still don't have more info about them?
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #127
Joel
The Herculoids

Thanks Manu really appreciate you taking the time and you made some good points.

Congrats on the bust, didn't stop to think I could be offending others when I mentioned it! Just not my thing normally.

I can't wait for this one, quite surprised at the lack of excitement here on the forum about it.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:43 AM   #128
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Thanks Manu really appreciate you taking the time and you made some good points.

Congrats on the bust, didn't stop to think I could be offending others when I mentioned it! Just not my thing normally.

I can't wait for this one, quite surprised at the lack of excitement here on the forum about it.
Hi Joel again no ofense at all, doubts are normal...today we are used to see awesome products and receive very diferent products at home...there is a lack of quality control and I can't understand this when we are speaking about these prizes...abou differences about the proto and the in hand dog bust, look in youtube the last videos (you will see the transparency of the dome (dog's bust):- lighting conditions make the difference and also, all the people who saws them in person says that they are absolutely awesome. An exception with the blue warrior where I have read sone bad comments but again, I think that most of the bad thing they say about this one, you can solve them with a different lighting conditions.

Busts were not my thing neither, but you know, have a 1:1 bigchap looking at me in my room has no price for me (well actualy yes, 2300 EUROS! So, despite my opinion, I really hope coolprops will nail it, there is always a doubt but...it has to be AWESOME. I'm not rich to pay this fortune, a lot of effort to pay it, so I expect coolprops put all its effort to do it too)

This lack of interest you are speaking about is caused by the lack of new info and pictures... coolprops has abandoned us...

In the other forum (sideshowfreaks), we only can discuss about how much we think they will ask for the maquettes... we only have 2 videos about the dog alien from the wonderfest and 1 video from the bc maquette (and 5 seconds of the bigchap bust!)...no official photos or pictures, no info about the size, no prizes, no nothing!

For the next time, please all the people who can assist to these events, besides of taking photos, measure the statues too...like this, we will have a litle more to discuss while we wait for the company X to inform us about the rest...lol.

About the dog Alien Joel, we believe that it will take longer because they are waiting for the final approval (anyone could imagine they won't approve this, please send me this, like it is and do it right know..lol), and about the bc maquette, come one coolprops, come back from holidays and put all the info we are waiting for

Look st this...freaking awesome!!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...lprops-44.html
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #129
Python
Omega Red

No idea, you would think they would put the Big chap up for order first, but who really knows with CP. They'll probably dump them both on the same day and force us all to go to loan sharks They tend not to hang around after the major previews however so probably expect something sooner rather than later.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #130
toty21
The Avengers

Looks like P1 will be offering the closed-mouth head as well. These pics are from the Shanghai Con:

toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote