Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #2361
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
He looked very orange in the live show yesterday. Normally, I'd say lighting, but his helmet still looked red.
IMO it's the lighting. The red on the helmet has a different finish (semi gloss) vs the matte finish on the body so the yellow lighting during sideshow live is making the two look different... with that said, we'll have to wait and see what the factory paint on this piece delivers
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #2362
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I wish the Bel Magneto would make another run.

I'd rather put more money into that statue ...especially now that I know this SSC Magneto is $750.
Oh hell yeah, if sideshow released that Bel Mags, I'd be all over it. That's an incredible looking statue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #2363
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
When I saw the 3D rendering of the XM Mags, I knew immediately it was one of the statues I wanted to have. When I saw the price for it ...I knew it was worth it to me.

When I saw the sculpting details on the Thanos on Throne, again I knew immediately it was one of the statues I wanted to have. When I saw the price for it ...again I knew it was worth it to me.

When I first saw the sculpt on this SSC Mags, I didn't get the same feeling. When they made tweaks on it, I thought it was a big improvement. But now that I know the price for it, I'm not getting that same "its worth it" feeling. I'm not even feeling the EX as a "must have".

So I'll pass and wait to see what becomes available later down the line. I may change my mind, but for now this is an "admire from afar" piece.
I don't even like the EX portrait on this piece. His hair looks off to me. I'd certainly display this with the helmeted head only.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #2364
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
When I saw the 3D rendering of the XM Mags, I knew immediately it was one of the statues I wanted to have. When I saw the price for it ...I knew it was worth it to me.

When I saw the sculpting details on the Thanos on Throne, again I knew immediately it was one of the statues I wanted to have. When I saw the price for it ...again I knew it was worth it to me.

When I first saw the sculpt on this SSC Mags, I didn't get the same feeling. When they made tweaks on it, I thought it was a big improvement. But now that I know the price for it, I'm not getting that same "its worth it" feeling. I'm not even feeling the EX as a "must have".

So I'll pass and wait to see what becomes available later down the line. I may change my mind, but for now this is an "admire from afar" piece.
Think I’m the opposite when I first saw the new Wolverine I was like ,great another Wolverine (sarcasm)then when saw mags beside Wolverine with same theme base I was instantly interested in ordering them both hoping for at least two more sentinel based characters I think everyone wanted that stand-alone mags piece well this ain’t it....in a 1/4 sentinel line up this’ll definitely do
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #2365
Atimantium
Hydra

Where were all you guys when XM Magneto Throne came out? I guess that hand just landed in the shape of a Throne. Looks like a very low edition is coming for this.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #2366
Nebulhym
The X-Men

I really really looove Magneto. One of my favorites characters in Comicdom.

But the cape makes it look super cheap. It's horrible! Except, it's not a cheap statue at all.... And the paint looks terrible and drastically different from the helmet.

So it's an easy easy PASS.

Too bad, it's a Magneto piece. How do you screw up a Magneto piece??
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #2367
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I don't even like the EX portrait on this piece. His hair looks off to me. I'd certainly display this with the helmeted head only.
Agree. I was dying to see an unmasked portrait, and while the face is great, I cannot stand the hair.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #2368
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't see yesterday's SSLive show up yet on their youtube channel...
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #2369
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
Does anyone else get annoyed with Susan acting goofy on Sideshow Live? At one point she gets the tape measure out to measure the depth and then doesn't finish.
I guess I'm not the only one anymore...
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #2370
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Did they ever address the fact they he shouldn't be able to manipulate a Sentinel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Nope, and that's what bothers me the most. At least if it's just a crushed head, you can argue he crushed it with something else.
Putting aside earlier discussion that Magneto is far more powerful than just manipulating metal, I get that metal manipulation is what most people expect of Mags. But... as Atimantium points out below, XM Mags, and just about any other Sentinel base design I've seen has been metal, as indicated by silver and otherwise metal-like portions exposed through it's destruction.

Now, as to "why have they been metal?", well, I don't read comics much, but I'd say that most if not all of the media I've consumed have shown them to be metal. Cartoons, video games, even movies (it was in the danger room, so it was a hologram, but when Wolverine decapitated the Sentinel, I believe it was portrayed as metal). I thought that was sort of the point/impetus for Nimrod (and the "Days of Future Past" Nimrod-inspired Sentinels). The OG Sentinels are metal - basically canon-fodder.

And really, why shouldn't they be metal? That's the more common and easier-to-work-with element for production. Why should all Sentinels be made of non-metal items, when I can only think of 2? mutants that could take advantage of that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
Where were all you guys when XM Magneto Throne came out? I guess that hand just landed in the shape of a Throne. Looks like a very low edition is coming for this.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote