Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-26-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Tomb Of Dracula Question

I need your help guys. After trying to google Tomb of Dracula images, I ended up with more questions than answers. I have a Johns Toys Creatures of the Night: Dracula bust that I want to convert into Marvel Comics version of Dracula. What I need to know is what are Dracula's definitive colors? In the images I saw, at times his cape was black or black with a red lining. Some images show him with a smaller 2nd cape. Some images show him with a bow tie others not. Some show a black vest others red. What do you guys think?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I'm your man. One of my favorite Marvel series, ever. Have every issue, followed it religiously. Have had multiple issues signed by Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan.

Oh, sorry, what was the question?

I have that same John's Toys bust (all those Creature busts, actually, they're great!). Marvel (Gene Colan) depicted Dracula with a thin black mustache (sometimes a goatee), his cape was a very dark blue (borderline black) with red lining, collar was large and "bat head" shaped. Often there was a smaller cape but not that often. Bow tie was bat shaped as well, under his collar. I'll post pics in a bit but if you can find the cover image of ToD #70 I think that'll give you the best shot of him.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Not issue 70 after all. Try this:

...or this:

Old 09-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I didn't even realize the collar was bat shaped! Glad I asked. So wktf, Dracula essentially wore a deep navy blue suit and cape with red lining right? Was his shin depicted as a healthy fleshy color or extremely pale like the Johns-toys MB?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #5
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Well, as you can see from these covers, his skin was flesh colored rather than the white tone of John's Toys' Dracula bust, and that's pretty much how it was portrayed in the comics after the first few issues in which he was much paler.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Thanks wktf! I'm gonna take what you said to heart when I start this project. There are things about the existing bust that I want to keep like the ring and red amulet but I'm definitely reshaping the collar.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Send pics along as you get going. Really curious to see how this'll turn out!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #8
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I'm your man. One of my favorite Marvel series, ever. Have every issue, followed it religiously. Have had multiple issues signed by Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan.

Oh, sorry, what was the question?

I have that same John's Toys bust (all those Creature busts, actually, they're great!). Marvel (Gene Colan) depicted Dracula with a thin black mustache (sometimes a goatee), his cape was a very dark blue (borderline black) with red lining, collar was large and "bat head" shaped. Often there was a smaller cape but not that often. Bow tie was bat shaped as well, under his collar. I'll post pics in a bit but if you can find the cover image of ToD #70 I think that'll give you the best shot of him.
i have them all, 2
Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #9
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Yeah, it gets very little respect on the bay. Kuchereck Bros sculpted Dracula but I'm not sure if they did the others.....
Old 09-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #10
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Yeah, it gets very little respect on the bay. Kuchereck Bros sculpted Dracula but I'm not sure if they did the others.....
They did all of them and they...are...awesome!!!