Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: Will you be picking up Ultimate Power?
yes 19 63.33%
no 11 36.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #21
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuv1305 View Post
If it was written by Millar or JMS then I'd definately be picking it up...I don't hate Bendis but two teams like this should really be a spectacle, not five issues of talking heads followed by a half issue fight and make-up.
It is being written by Bendis, Straczynski & Loeb...not Bendis all by himself...for those of you *NOT* in the know

anyone want to change their vote?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #22
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa View Post
It is being written by Bendis, Straczynski & Loeb...not Bendis all by himself...for those of you *NOT* in the know

anyone want to change their vote?
Not one bit. The concept isn't exciting to me.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #23
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Joe, you must have had me confused with another person who actually reads spiderman titles on a regular basis.
No, just with someone who's interested in well written, well drawn comics. No worries, I won't make that mistake again.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #24
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Does the Ultimate Universe matter?

I know there are fans of the Ultimate books and that's great, I hope they last. I know if the stories are good that and they have fans that's all that matters in the long run, but....in the big picture does the Ultimate Universe count? We saw the media take notice when regualr Spider-man unmasked, would this be the case if Ultimate Spider-man did? It was news when Rawhide Kid came out, is any main character in the Ultimate Universe? Has the novelty of the Ultimate Universe wanned a bit? They would consistently place in the top 10/15, I believe now they are in the 20's/30's. Now that Ultimate Spider-man has reached 100 and counting are we back to the same situation that caused the launch of the Ultimate Universe in the first place with too much continuity for new readers? Is the Ultimate Universe here to stay or have we seen it's Golden age come and go?
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #25
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
No, just with someone who's interested in well written, well drawn comics. No worries, I won't make that mistake again.
hahaha

Like I said, I'm on a limited budget. Buying comics from a seperate universe that feels played out to me doesn't seem like a wise move.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #26
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Totally respect the limited budget thing, Mike, and just busting on you as I hope you know. Though I don't think USM or Ultimates is played out (though the latter may be after the next issue, we'll see what happens with the new creative team).
Old 10-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #27
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Totally respect the limited budget thing, Mike, and just busting on you as I hope you know. Though I don't think USM or Ultimates is played out (though the latter may be after the next issue, we'll see what happens with the new creative team).
you read ultimate x-men? My biggest gripe against millar's ff was too quick of resolutions. The way the Ult FF left he zombie-world was WAAAAYYYYY too easy.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #28
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
you read ultimate x-men? My biggest gripe against millar's ff was too quick of resolutions. The way the Ult FF left he zombie-world was WAAAAYYYYY too easy.
No, I tried Ultimate X-Men back when DD and Spidey guest starred but gave up shortly after that.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #29
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Yeah WKTF, let's not forget that this is the same person who gave a book called "The Savage Brothers" a glowing review
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #30
Jack8022
Daredevil

I'll give it a try for the first issue at least. If the storyline doesn't grab me or delays start, I'll drop it. This is my usual approach to miniseries.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote