Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Let's not act like this is new.

Remeber the second team of the avengers? hawkeye? Quicksilver? Scarlet Witch? All former bad guys (and two are former good guys who were former bad guys???)

And I hope that Juggernaut is good again. sheesh, he never made a good hero.
In addition to Perna's point, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (though mostly Wanda) were unwilling and regretful participants in Magneto's schemes. Their hearts weren't into it which is why they became Avengers. Hawkeye was more misguided than villainous despite the crimes he committed early in his career. Juggernaut was a just down and dirty bad guy for decades.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #12
Dark Knight
The Cuban Crusader

The turn from villain to hero depends on how well it's done. For example, Black Adam has been written the last few years as having a very strong code of honor. Even when he joined the Society, it was for honorable reasons (to him), not for power or wealth. He still is not truly accepted by the hero community and is still viewed with suspicion (see this week's issue of Checkmate).

I think a turn to hero should be difficult, like the first volume of Thunderbolts. They fought long and hard for redemption and respect. I agree that Juggy was let into the club too easily. The only times his past has been addressed was the original storyline with Sammy, where he was taken from the school because a villain was there and in She-Hulk for his trial.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote