Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #31
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The issue isn’t the actual price... the issue is that unfortunately the JP community has become accustom to the cheaper Mattel items and they refuse to accept that these and P1’s products are officially licensed high end collectible products and not children’s toys, so when they see it’s out of the price range they were assuming in their head, they immediately take it out on the company and act as if they are entitled to say how much they should be selling for. Most people are not meant to own these; that’s what makes them valuable collectors items.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:08 PM   #32
John Hammond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostLogan View Post
The issue isn’t the actual price... the issue is that unfortunately the JP community has become accustom to the cheaper Mattel items and they refuse to accept that these and P1’s products are officially licensed high end collectible products and not children’s toys, so when they see it’s out of the price range they were assuming in their head, they immediately take it out on the company and act as if they are entitled to say how much they should be selling for. Most people are not meant to own these; that’s what makes them valuable collectors items.
You are wrong friend, I do not think JP toys, the last one was bought from my parents when I was a child. I think of other toys, Hot Toys, of which I have many and taking into account that they are also 1/6 articulated and the best there are in the market, it is absurd that this Velociraptor is worth the same as a Thanos or a Hulk of Hot toys.
Collecting high-end does not mean paying prices that are not absurd.
John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #33
TheLostLogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammond View Post
You are wrong friend, I do not think JP toys, the last one was bought from my parents when I was a child. I think of other toys, Hot Toys, of which I have many and taking into account that they are also 1/6 articulated and the best there are in the market, it is absurd that this Velociraptor is worth the same as a Thanos or a Hulk of Hot toys.
Collecting high-end does not mean paying prices that are not absurd.
Mr. Hammond, I’ve decided not to endorse your post. Once again, no one is entitled to tell a company what price they should be selling their products for and a company certainly does not owe anyone anything. Considering this is currently the only high end 1/6 articulated JP Velociraptor on the market, Chronicle has every right to sell it for whatever works best for their business especially since they do think of their customers and offer affordable interest free payment plans to help this not be a financial burden. If someone can’t afford $56 a month for 8 months on this item, that is their doing and not the companies.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #34
John Hammond

Quote:
Mr. Hammond, I’ve decided not to endorse your post. Once again, no one is entitled to tell a company what price they should be selling their products for and a company certainly does not owe anyone anything. Considering this is currently the only high end 1/6 articulated JP Velociraptor on the market, Chronicle has every right to sell it for whatever works best for their business especially since they do think of their customers and offer affordable interest free payment plans to help this not be a financial burden. If someone can’t afford $56 a month for 8 months on this item, that is their doing and not the companies.
Of course they have every right to sell at the price they want, the same that we have customers disagree, the same that I have to complain about. It is not a problem of whether you have the money or not, it is a problem of whether you want to spend money on something that is not worth it. Prime1 is taking the Raptors in 1/6 more details for not much more, a price consistent with the product, moreover, acquired Blue and the Indoraptor (which is yet to come).
In short, they could put the Raptor to a million euros and the one who cannot allow it to get annoyed.
By the way, it is not about not being able to pay 50 dolars month, the problem is that other figures are also interested, for this price I could buy two.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #35
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
You're right and I'm wrong. Feel better?
My feelings are irrelevant, just pointing out your opinion wasn't accurate.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #36
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Why aren't we entitled? They should take the feedback if they want to sell products. Yes, it's a lot of money, but it's not "shocking" like others have said. It's a bit more than a regular Hot Toys and well below a comparable statue. If I collected 1/6 I would be over the moon to get these.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #37
John Hammond

Size 1/6, of the leading brand of articulated 1/6, have the only Aliens in that scale and shape, the joints much better and a price like that of any other Hot Toys about 230 output

Lo digo porque es let alien es comparable al velociraptor.
It is what has to enter the market of existing things.