Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 10-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

The reason why I stopped buying Moore Statues.

hey guys I used to love Moore statues and I still do but I can no longer purchase them as they are just to small for me now. Why hasnt moore made larger version like 1/5 or 1/4 size statues of all his pieces? I just cant buy these small statues anymore.
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofgarduno View Post
hey guys I used to love Moore statues and I still do but I can no longer purchase them as they are just to small for me now. Why hasnt moore made larger version like 1/5 or 1/4 size statues of all his pieces? I just cant buy these small statues anymore.
I'm jealous of those who have unlimited space for those larger sized statues.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I personally love having a collection of Moore statues, IN ADDITION to my Sideshow PFs. Variety is the spice of life.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
iceprince_x
Deadman

Large statues doesn't always spell quality and "stature" as a collector its all about preference.

But CS Moore does come out with large statues like the 4ft Witchblade and the 1:1 true scale statue of Fathom but are you willing to buy it with the price it carries? Many may wish but a few can really afford. If you can afford one, well and good.

Let us assume that CS Moore may consider it, we might end up with a hefty price of $450 to $650 or more, considering his choice of contractor and painter. I for one, wouldn't have it any other way because his current contractor and painter is really a perfect blend for his work.

Also, Moore is very specific with his market and he knows his market well. He does not need to have the regular line that most bigger company do. He carries the obscure and the independent comic book characters which can be challenging to real put out there. He is truly lucky that his work of art transcend so well that even without the knowledge of a character he did, you will get it because of its aesthetic appeal.
iceprince_x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
dechirico7
The Flash

My collection focuses on 1/4 scale statues but I still pick up pieces in other scales. Once in a while I will find a Moore, Koto, GG or Bowen piece that I like.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm jealous of those who have unlimited space for those larger sized statues.
Space can definitely be a problem but even with lots of it I would still purchase the Moore scale just as I still purchase some Bowen pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I personally love having a collection of Moore statues, IN ADDITION to my Sideshow PFs. Variety is the spice of life.
Makes for an interesting and varied display and I agree with Iceprince about costs being quite a bit higher and that would make them for me, unaffordable.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It may not be in the license he has. But scale has never been an issue for me. If it looks good and I like it, I'll get it. 1/7, 1/6, 1/5, or 1/4
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
L Deimos
The Spirit

Moore would definitely lose me as a customer. Money and space would be the death of me. Some of my favorite statues are smaller than 1/4 or 1/5 scale.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

If Moore started to produce 1/4 scale statues and PFs, that would be awesome... Could imagine how cool a 1/4 scale Magdalena PF would looklike?? Sadly, I share the same sentiment as the original poster. I hardly ever buy the smaller scale pieces anymore unless they really stand out e.g. the Kiani statue, the DC confrontation pieces, the BD twirling hammer Thor, etc. The last small size statues I purchased was the Hughes DC covergirls line.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #10
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Large statues doesn't always spell quality and "stature" as a collector its all about preference.
This is one of those points that drives me up the wall - I swear some people JUST focus on size rather than looking at the actual statue. Some larger statues aren't that great - and just because they are big - it does NOT make it better
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote