Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-31-2019, 04:33 PM   #791
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Chad just confirmed on live show that the cape is being redesigned, and also that the dot on the S symbol will be changed to a triangle. So glad for that!
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:36 AM   #792
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Chad just confirmed on live show that the cape is being redesigned, and also that the dot on the S symbol will be changed to a triangle. So glad for that!
Except he completely ignored my question re: the Superman leaning issue. At least 2 others have posted a noticeable lean on their Superman statues as well. If anything, the lean bothered me way more than the paint job because I see it from afar and it most def gets in the way of me admiring the statue — feels like am looking at a red and blue leaning Tower of Pisa.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:44 AM   #793
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Except he completely ignored my question re: the Superman leaning issue. At least 2 others have posted a noticeable lean on their Superman statues as well. If anything, the lean bothered me way more than the paint job because I see it from afar and it most def gets in the way of me admiring the statue — feels like am looking at a red and blue leaning Tower of Pisa.
Have you tried nearmint's solution -- adding an extra bumper pad?

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:45 AM   #794
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The piece definitely has a lean and the cape design is a MAJOR issue. Glad Chad is doing the right thing and redoing the statue. Instills faith in the company as a whole but for me I’m out on this one. Just destroyed mine and am opting for a refund.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:12 AM   #795
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Have you tried nearmint's solution -- adding an extra bumper pad?

No but since they’re re-doing the statue, I was merely asking if Chad was going to address it. Even if it meant they would just add a bumper pad instead of actually addressing the statue problem directly. But nope, question was ignored completely.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #796
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
You're right that he didn't specifically address the lean, but I didn't really take what he said to mean "the only 2 things we are doing is a cape redesign and a triangle instead of circle on the symbol". It seems to me he was conveying the idea that they are going to really use the opportunity to fine tune everything.

You should definitely ask again on a future live stream or email them directly since we will have plenty of time to make sure that is taken care of.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #797
nearmint
Phoenix

I took the picture above of my base because Chad asked me to send him a pic showing where'd I'd added a pad, so I'm assuming he's doing something about it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #798
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The pad really isn’t the issue though, just an easy fix. The mold of the base where the foot slots in and it’s angle is the true source of the problem.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #799
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The pad really isn’t the issue though, just an easy fix. The mold of the base where the foot slots in and it’s angle is the true source of the problem.
Interesting. The pad fixed it for me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #800
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Really? the pad leveled mine out.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote