Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 11-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I hate you, Clay Moore!

Seriously... seriously....

Okay, so I've been buying statues for only a little over a year, have no interest in mini-busts, and was only buyin' Bowen full-sized statues for a while, and being very picky about what I buy (mostly because my gallery only has so much room for statues as it doubles as an art gallery/entertainment room.. fine.. fine, it's my "man-cave": No Wives Allowed. )

Anyways, back to my hatred. So.. yeah... Mostly Bowens, three Gentle Giant Star Wars animaquettes (done with those now, bought the three I wanted)... then... ECCC early this year. I was introduced to Clay Moore and Shelley. Great people, and Clay's undeniably one of the best sculptors in the business. So.. because of his hospitality, and the fact that his sculptures rock (and the convention being my first convention I've ever been to), I bought one of his statues.

Then... at SDCC this year...same dealio.. and another statue was bought. Actually, two were bought for myself (plus I hooked up some Forum buds).

I've since bought two more statues in the last couple of months (The Darkness and Bikini Witchblade) that were produced by Moore Studio, and it's so easy to not question whether or not his statues will be "quality" because when they're released they far exceed "quality" and shoot right into "excellence".

Now... I'm looking at the Aphrodite IX statue... a character I know next to nothing about.. and I'm finding myself wanting to purchase her. I am NOT someone who buys every statue a company produces simply to "own them all", I buy only characters I love, and only usually one statue of said character. Yet here I am, wanting to purchase Aphrodite.... planning on doing so. I'm married, so yeah... I'm dead from the waist down.. her being a "pretty girl" doesn't affect me at all... she's merely a gorgeous statue. A gorgeous statue that I must own.

So.. thanks... Clay.. for making me spend money on characters I know nothing about. First there was Invincible (but I've since caught up on his adventures.. a GREAT read, if you haven't looked him up yet, people), now there's this Aphrodite Temptress.

Not to mention Angelus, which I'll be pickin' up down the road. I remember her from when I read The Darkness back in the day, but that wouldn't matter... she'll be just as superbly crafted as everything else; thus, if I wasn't familiar with the character, I'd cave and buy her anyways.

Seriously.. thanks for being so talented.. and having such diverse tastes in what you sculpt. I usually don't "flip" statues of mine, but I have recently started doing so with statues from another company that no longer "do it" for me. Not all of my statues from that company, but the few that I could do without. I'm sure there will be more made by "them" that I'll want, but few and far between as my tastes are so specific. Your statues, on the other hand, have never been anything less than a pleasure to own and admire. Screw specifics.. I must own them! I think the fact that you don't put out a ton of them per year makes them all the more treasure to be squandered, rather than a commodity to be enjoyed for a time, then sold off at a later date.

So.. yeah.. I hate you because I like being in control of my hobbies, and not my hobbies being in control of me. Thanks for such marvelous handiwork, and I can't wait to see what's next.

(Obviously I don't actually hate you. Just clearin' that up for any noodle-noggins that may read this.)
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
pppccclll
The Herculoids

well said. i own many of his works and, high or low number, they are all a fine piece of work that anyone can appreciate to some degree.
pppccclll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

..great post...and so true.
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
Bodie The Cursed
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

...and so true.. great post...
Bodie The Cursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 AM   #6
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

haha niicceee!!! this is one of those threads you just have to go into!

seriously, everything you said is right on! Clay's sculpts are so top notch that even if you know nothing about the character you have to buy it! keep knocking'em out Clay and we'll keep buying!
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:38 AM   #7
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I feel your pain dude. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

But... I still love you Clay (whimper whimper). Continue with the awesome sculpts. Please do the Angelus next.
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
stardreamer
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Yeah. That's how I went bying the Invincible and the Witchblade. I know about Kull anyway... and Conan.
Beautiful work, Clay.
stardreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
Neojedimaster
Doh!

DITTO
Neojedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
touche22
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Welcome to the ranks of the beaten down, Ryan!!!
touche22 is offline   Reply With Quote