Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 11-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #31
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Sounds good, Clay.

I'm glad you liked my letter.. I meant every word.

Seriously.. I love my new trend of buying one or more of your pieces every convention I go to... the problem is, I'm buying them when I'm not at conventions now also.

By the way, this is Ryan...the guy you helped get the Robert Kirkman signature on his Invincible statue at ECCC, etc... just clarifying. I realize I didn't "sign" my name on the post, and you have a huge following on here. You probably remember my "username", but it's been a long day.. so bear with me. Haha.

Of course, I'm also an idiot, apparently, since you'd know who I am/what I look like by way of my avatar.
Hi Ryan,
Yes, I knew who you were and remembered meeting and seeing you at SDCC, also. I used Argonus because that's how you wrote up the post, that's all. I know some people prefer their usernames on the forum. You do voice work in the broadcast business, right?
And yes, Paul and I used to draw and sculpt as kids with my sisters, Theresa and Mary (we had 6 sisters in all, and another brother! We are the youngest two.) who were also very artistic, for fun.
I remember once Paul copied a Frazetta painting in pencil color-the cover to Lost on Venus, by ERBurroughs, by eyeballing, no grid that I remember. He was 13 or 14. I was 12 and even at the time, I was amazed at the perfect hand rendering. I didn't see the piece for 20 years or so and when I did, and with the eyes of an adult artist, I was shocked at the accuracy and skill it took to do the piece. I don't know if I've seen anything like that, exactly, although I know that many great talents (like Frazetta) had amazing talent at an early age.
Paul majored in lithography at the Kansas City Art Institute and minored in photography. He also used to do portraits of famous racehorses such as Secretariat and Affirmed in Kentucky for major horse breeders like Paul Melon.
He's one of the most talented artists I've ever seen, really. His figure painting in this business is evidence enough, but some background is always good.
Clay
Clayburn S Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #32
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Frazetta's one of my favorite painters, closely followed by Vallejo.

Obviously I enjoy old-world painters also, but yeah... fantasy pieces are hard to beat.

Sorry for the slight perseveration, Clay.

(Yes, I do voice work).

Yeah.. I saw that recent repaint Paul did of Witchblade... he's obviously just as gifted as you are... almost.

Brotherly love.. haha.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #33
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayburn S Moore View Post
And thanks to the rest of you for chiming in on this thread. It does me heart good to read such fine remarks. Hope you like the new pieces....Conan, Dark Ivory and the Lady Death Variant are finished and in the molds. I'm now working on the Tucci piece and Angelus. I also need to squeeze in a new zombie in there...The shows this season set me back a bit, but it was great to get to see current collectors and meet new ones.

Clay
HI 5 buddy HI 5!!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #34
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Oh the good news of more upcoming joy! Yes!
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #35
apetrucc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Clay's work rock.. I am and always will be a follower and buyer of his sculpts..
I hope to see both of you again at the NYCC in Feb09

Al
apetrucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #36
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
And thanks to the rest of you for chiming in on this thread. It does me heart good to read such fine remarks. Hope you like the new pieces....Conan, Dark Ivory and the Lady Death Variant are finished and in the molds. I'm now working on the Tucci piece and Angelus. I also need to squeeze in a new zombie in there...The shows this season set me back a bit, but it was great to get to see current collectors and meet new ones.

Clay

Clay, when I first started buying statues in the mid 90s, I was quite impressed with the craftsmanship. However, it wasn't until I saw the Witchblade statue that I finally said, "Wow". I hadn't seen anyone capture a character's spirit so vividly. She practically leapt off the display shelf. She enchanted all the wandering eyes that fell upon her. From that point on, I picked up just about everything you sculpted. There is a subtlety and grace to your work that continues to be unmatched in the industry.

Should there ever be a Hall of Fame of sculptors, your work would certainly and deservedly be heralded among the best of the best. Without a doubt, you would leave behind a tremendous and unforgetable legacy. There isn't a display room on the planet that hasn't been elevated by your exquisite works over the years.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #37
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Clay, when I first started buying statues in the mid 90s, I was quite impressed with the craftsmanship. However, it wasn't until I saw the Witchblade statue that I finally said, "Wow". I hadn't seen anyone capture a character's spirit so vividly. She practically leapt off the display shelf. She enchanted all the wandering eyes that fell upon her. From that point on, I picked up just about everything you sculpted. There is a subtlety and grace to your work that continues to be unmatched in the industry.

Should there ever be a Hall of Fame of sculptors, your work would certainly and deservedly be heralded among the best of the best. Without a doubt, you would leave behind a tremendous and unforgetable legacy. There isn't a display room on the planet that hasn't been elevated by your exquisite works over the years.
Thanks very much, RS. That was eloquently expressed. I'll keep trying to do work that is worthy of all of your collections. We're going to start some Dark Ivory IP pics in a few days. I hope you all like it.
Best,

Clay
Clayburn S Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:28 AM   #38
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Thanks very much, RS. That was eloquently expressed. I'll keep trying to do work that is worthy of all of your collections. We're going to start some Dark Ivory IP pics in a few days. I hope you all like it.
Best,

Clay
Sweet! Can't wait Clay, I've been anxiously awaiting updates on your upcoming pieces. Not coming to ECCC this upcoming year?
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #39
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Sweet! Can't wait Clay, I've been anxiously awaiting updates on your upcoming pieces. Not coming to ECCC this upcoming year?
That would suck... Clay and Aaron Lopresti visits are both required for me to "get my fix".
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote