Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #11
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Well I was there, right there. Worked at 7 WTC on the 37th floor. I estimate we were maybe 300-400 feet below the impact point of the first plane and maybe a few hundred feet just north. I'll never forget the whine of the engines as that first plane passed right over us though I didn't know what the sound was at the time. I looked out my office window at those 2 towers every day for years. I saw everything you didn't see on TV and more, too much more. It's been 5 years but it might as well have been yesterday. I had thought about writing my whole story down yesterday but then just didn't have the energy to do it. Ones of these days. Not like I am going to forget it. Today is a sad day but if truth be told I think about that day everyday. I don't dwell on it and sometimes it may be no more than a quick passing thought but at some point every day it's there. It's not something that will ever go away.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #12
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
...but other then a handful it seems its business as usual... and I think its messed up that its that way but what can one do... Anyways I am also surprised to see that there are no threads on here about it...
I sympathize with those who lost someone that day. I also think it's fine that not that many people are mentioning it. It just means that life is business as usual. The time for mourning has come & gone. No need to dwell on sad events. It's fine to remember what happened, but to try to relive it constantly the way the tv stations have been doing this past weekend? No thanx. Transform & transcend.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #13
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

thats well said , primal, and i agree. tv is butchering this sad event for ratings and thats crap
Old 09-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #14
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Nice post. It seems business as usual in my office as well. No one here has brought it up, including myself. I actually pinned and red/white/blue ribbon to my shirt this morning but then took it off thinking people would think I was just trying to make a statement. You know what? I wish I'd left it on.
Dude my flag is flying at my house right now! do not worry about others express yourself and that sounds like a good way to.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #15
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I actually pinned and red/white/blue ribbon to my shirt this morning but then took it off thinking people would think I was just trying to make a statement. You know what? I wish I'd left it on.
That's whats happens in a Totalitarian society. You are made to feel like making a statement or expressing your view is a crime. It's F**king BS and it's about G*d D@mn time it stopped.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #16
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

bad news today again!
my sisters boyfriends father was a firefighter who died on 9-11
he went into the the 2nd tower after the first one collapsed
he was a great guy,,,mys sisters boyfriend has been having problems coping and today out of all days his grandfather died...talk about bad timing

that was a bad day for all new yorkers and my family as well my prayers go out to all the families who lost someone that day.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #17
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

damn booney im sorry to hear that. i hope all goes well and my thoughts are with you all
Old 09-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #18
Teague
Iron Man

I was teaching that morning, and in a classroom that had AV capability. I'd heard about it coming in to work, but went to class to let anyone who hadn't heard yet that they were cancelling classes for the day. I ended up watching it projected on the big screen in my class that day with most of my students who stuck around to see what was going on. It was terrible.

I found out later that two good friends of mine from college were killed when the towers collapsed. I'd just talked to one of them the weekend before. He was saving up to buy his mom a car for her 65th birthday. At least he told me about it, so I was able to pass along his plans for her when I saw her at the services. What a terrible, terrible day. I hope we never see anything like it again.

I'd echo the call for everyone here to donate to 9/11 causes. We can do a world of good together. It's the positive aspects of our nation that will help us persevere, and that no terrorists can ever defeat.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #19
Nightwinger
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I had to stop watching the video in the link.

Seeing the photos of the people hanging out the windows----too,...too much.

God bless their souls.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #20
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

God Bless America.......we should use this to unite and quit the bickering between the left and the right.

My prayers go out to all affected in this terrible tragedy.
Closed Thread