Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #11
Tushar
Hellboy

The thing with the black bases is, it severly limits the possible poses. Both feet need to be firmly planted level on the ground. Preferably wide apart. Works for some, doesn't work that well for others. I really like the BP pose in this statue, which won't be the same with the black base in question. Just look at the Marvel Now avengers line for a reminder of how lame and generic the poses were.

I take a good pose over repositioning ability any day.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:51 AM   #12
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Official pics have just popped up on Koto's facebook! It looks really great!

Although I do wonder if these new dynamic bases will make him (and the other unknown new avengers) look odd compared to the original avengers/x-men/spiderman/defenders statues..?
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #13
Tushar
Hellboy

Can someone post the pics please?
Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #14
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The thing with the black bases is, it severly limits the possible poses. Both feet need to be firmly planted level on the ground. Preferably wide apart. Works for some, doesn't work that well for others. I really like the BP pose in this statue, which won't be the same with the black base in question. Just look at the Marvel Now avengers line for a reminder of how lame and generic the poses were.

I take a good pose over repositioning ability any day.
Iron studios has been pretty creative with their poses by using the pegs. I like it much more than having one rock attached to his foot. Looks odd imo
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #15
adee
Green Arrow

adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #16
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Iron studios has been pretty creative with their poses by using the pegs. I like it much more than having one rock attached to his foot. Looks odd imo
I agree. peg holes in the figures are the best solution. However, I don't like pegs in the figures themselves with holes in the bases (like the Mad Lovers line). If the peg breaks off, you're screwed.

Thanks for posting the pics, btw.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #17
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Was pretty excited for this statue. But this thing doesn't look worth spending $80 on. The face sculpt could be better (unless this is a dead-on portrayal of some comic version, in which case I'll eat my words). The pose is fine, but the paint-job looks a little lackluster.

I'll skip the PO. Will wait till release to see how it turned out. I hope it's better than these pictures suggest.

It would've been cool if they gave us a panther base like the fine art piece. At this price point, that's reasonable to ask, imo.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #18
Doorknob
Frackin!

Prices of 1/10 statues have been going up steadily and astronomically. Starting collecting myself in February of 2016 and found loads of statues for $50 to $60. Now, with the popularity of 'em and all, Koto can afford to drive up the price. People will still buy them...
Doorknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
built2shred
Phoenix

Given they're making these in large numbers, you can usually wait 6 months after release and find deals on Ebay for new ones... Even cheaper if you don't mind used.

I will say given the newer price points they need to be more detailed... Iron Studios 1:10 statues are pretty detailed and you can now buy them new for $89 on IS US Website.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #20
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Yeah, the whole appeal of these 1/10 lines were multiple characters at a decent price. When I started collecting these, I would pay anywhere between $35-$60 depending if I waited around or not before grabbing one. I do realize production costs always go up and I have been a big fan of Koto quality, but this is starting to get really steep. Now if these had switch out parts or were made of different material, I can understand paying nearly double from the price point of a few years back. The best bang for your buck is clearly anything in 1/6 scale.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote