Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #321
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
There are way more people satisfied with TH than unsatisfied.
That’s probably true with all statue companies, from ARH to PCS to F4F. There are still issues with them. Not sure how that’s a response to what I said?
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #322
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
That’s probably true with all statue companies, from ARH to PCS to F4F. There are still issues with them. Not sure how that’s a response to what I said?
About being nervous about TH.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #323
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
About being nervous about TH.
There’s plenty of reason to be nervous about TH. If 100 people eat at a restaurant, and 99 have a good meal, but one gets botulism, that’s still a serious cause for concern, right?

Two questions for you:

1) Do you not recognize there have been legitimate issues raised regarding TH? From defective pieces (Harley/Superman) to failure to meet promises (Robin base) to failure to issue refunds in a timely manner to failure to provide replacement parts in a timely manner to issues re: breaking the edition size (Spec Fiction Batman ex), among other issues Even the owner of the company seems to acknowledge there have been serious issues, so I’m going to need an explanation if your answer is “no.”

2) Assuming a yes to question 1, do you not think a potential customer *might* fairly be nervous about running into those same issues on that customer’s own purchase?

Chad says he’s working on it. He’s offered a good deal. So I’m taking a leap of faith and giving him a shot. But I’m still nervous.

Last edited by Mammal; 02-06-2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Batman, not Bamtan
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:42 AM   #324
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
There’s plenty of reason to be nervous about TH. If 100 people eat at a restaurant, and 99 have a good meal, but one gets botulism, that’s still a serious cause for concern, right?
I can get botulism from Tweeterhead statues? That’s horrendous news!
Are there particular statues I should steer clear of or has it been randomly included in all runs?
Is there at least an Exclusive Edition Antitoxin in the works?
I really would to like to continue collecting these but I’d hate for the next one to arrive with the final paralytic blow.
I should definitely skip Poison Ivy - that just seems too much like tempting fate.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #325
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Every company has had nightmare releases with quality control issues. A few years ago, I had 50% of my 12 orders from Sideshow require replacements or full exchanges. Even now, I have more anxiety than joy when I open a Sideshow box. Prime 1, XM, DC Collectibles, Hot Toys--the list goes on and on. Ordering anything from any company is a crap shoot. You either take the risk or get out of the hobby.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #326
MapleDonut
Justice League

Regarding Tweeterhead, I have only exchanged one statue with SS due to paint application that was a bit botched. Never received a broken item, not even the more delicately sculpted Catwoman.

I have 9 or 10 TH statues. They are packed really well in the styrofoam containters when they ship.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #327
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Every company has had nightmare releases with quality control issues. A few years ago, I had 50% of my 12 orders from Sideshow require replacements or full exchanges. Even now, I have more anxiety than joy when I open a Sideshow box. Prime 1, XM, DC Collectibles, Hot Toys--the list goes on and on. Ordering anything from any company is a crap shoot. You either take the risk or get out of the hobby.
I see just how careful so many of these companies are with shipping. Not just the styrofoam, but then tape, added packing and all I can think is "I'd be nervous repacking this and shipping it to someone".
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #328
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have been “Marie Kando-ing” my collection of statues late and selling some on eBay and I do get nervous and I probably over pack a statue but I would rather pay a few extra bucks in shipping for a box being slightly larger than not using a big enough box and risking the statue breaking before it arrives.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #329
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I see just how careful so many of these companies are with shipping. Not just the styrofoam, but then tape, added packing and all I can think is "I'd be nervous repacking this and shipping it to someone".
Augen, the best thing to do is when you receive a statue, take a photo before you start removing the statue from the box and print it out and put it inside the box. This way you have a record of how it should be packed. Except of course if it's an XM studio statue that comes with a booklet that's labeled.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #330
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Augen, the best thing to do is when you receive a statue, take a photo before you start removing the statue from the box and print it out and put it inside the box. This way you have a record of how it should be packed. Except of course if it's an XM studio statue that comes with a booklet that's labeled.

I take pictures when I unbox mine and have a file of them all on my PC.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote