Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

So where is rose, thats my question!!!!!!!!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoStudios View Post
BTW, thanks andrew for starting this thread and for that e-mail. really appreciate the updates.
Glenn's in the house! Welcome back and no problem!

Quote:
We were initially thinking of the COA, but then we didn't want to delay the releases because we might need approval for the pictures.

Let me contact some of the Udon artist and see if they're interested. The great thing with the small runs, we can send these out after the package has sent (at least for Sagat) and we would know exactly who has the pieces and number them accordingly.
Great news about the consideration for the COA's. I definitely don't mind having one shipped out later on for Sagat as long as there's a chance to get one and hopefully have it be a regular thing for the rest.

I personally don't care about artwork on the COA if that's going to be yet another approval nightmare. Any 'official' COA that you guys package with each statue would be good enough in my opinion and doesn't NEED to have a picture or artwork on it. Hell, you could just incorporate a picture of an assembled but unpainted kit for each COA that corresponded to each character. That way, if the character meets final approval, then the COA design would too.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Not sure I like this decal business, but I guess it needs to be that way since these are kits. But okay sweet, if everything goes as planned I imagine these will ship out Friday or Saturday and we should have our tracking numbers over the weekend. Cool!

You guys may also wanna update the website, the time for this has long passed: http://www.prototypezstudios.com/comingsoonryu.htm
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #14
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Just put yourselves in a group picture dressed up as your favorite super heroes for the COA!! lol...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Not sure I like this decal business, but I guess it needs to be that way since these are kits. But okay sweet, if everything goes as planned I imagine these will ship out Friday or Saturday and we should have our tracking numbers over the weekend. Cool!

You guys may also wanna update the website, the time for this has long passed: http://www.prototypezstudios.com/comingsoonryu.htm
initially, we got quotes for preprinted boxes, but at a smaller scale, like 150, it was running up to $10+ dollars per box, and the idea of tossing out $10 when the kit is assembled doesn't help us keep the cost down. We'd rather save the collectors as much as possible and keep the cost in the actual product itself, i.e. high quality resin and solid. Hence, there won't be fancy foamy packaging either, that ran about $30 per kit since the foam had to be custom cut and we can only use them for one character. So we decided to keep it simple but secure. The packaging boxes are extremely durable, and so is the shipping box to go with it.

a definite possiblity on the ship dates, pending no delays on the engraved tags. i'll check on those today and update you guys as well as the website for the non-forum fans.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Just put yourselves in a group picture dressed up as your favorite super heroes for the COA!! lol...
Done, but we all wanted to be Namor, so green speedos might not really work too well.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #17
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
We were initially thinking of the COA, but then we didn't want to delay the releases because we might need approval for the pictures.

Let me contact some of the Udon artist and see if they're interested. The great thing with the small runs, we can send these out after the package has sent (at least for Sagat) and we would know exactly who has the pieces and number them accordingly.
Great idea!

Quote:
As for our updates, here is where we are:

-Sagats are boxed up but waiting on two things:
1. The decals I mailed to J last week and he should be getting it tomorrow or Wednesday. This is the cover to the boxes.
2. Next is the 2"x2" engraved tag (black with silver text), that says "Sculpted by Erick Sosa" and "___ of ____". We will add the numbers by hand. You can add these to the base of the sculpt after its painted. This is scheduled to arrive shipped direct to Fenix also on Wednesday. He'll add this to the package and bingo, our first ever product finally ships.
Thank God!
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
initially, we got quotes for preprinted boxes, but at a smaller scale, like 150, it was running up to $10+ dollars per box, and the idea of tossing out $10 when the kit is assembled doesn't help us keep the cost down. We'd rather save the collectors as much as possible and keep the cost in the actual product itself, i.e. high quality resin and solid. Hence, there won't be fancy foamy packaging either, that ran about $30 per kit since the foam had to be custom cut and we can only use them for one character. So we decided to keep it simple but secure. The packaging boxes are extremely durable, and so is the shipping box to go with it.

a definite possiblity on the ship dates, pending no delays on the engraved tags. i'll check on those today and update you guys as well as the website for the non-forum fans.
Hey you know what I misunderstood. I thought the decals were what we were going to be sticking to the bottom of the kits, I missed the part about the engraved tags that we'll be attaching. Thanks for the update.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #19
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Just a quick update, Fenix has received the decals and the engraved tags. I just have to send him the list of all the orders so he can number them based on time of order.

Also, we are starting this run at #1 of 150. No vaults here. But the company will have an AP set that will be in reserve for our private collections.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #20
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

So hopefully these will ship tomorrow?

Or at least mine?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote