Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #21
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I like it to, but maybe add the Venus fly traps as well?
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #22
darkeyes
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I love the face. Pre-ordered her at BBTS.
darkeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #23
Plume
Fantastic Four

Looks a bit odd to me... I love her, ahem, behind. I love the colors, the hair... The pose is fine by me but the hand looks too small? However what I really dislike are the face and the plants. Plus I always feel like this line is too small and the figures themselves are given poses that are way too static. Everyone's just lounging around bored )
Plume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 PM   #24
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plume View Post
Looks a bit odd to me... I love her, ahem, behind. I love the colors, the hair... The pose is fine by me but the hand looks too small? However what I really dislike are the face and the plants. Plus I always feel like this line is too small and the figures themselves are given poses that are way too static. Everyone's just lounging around bored )
They've attempted dynamism with the Nu52 villains, but it didn't go well, mainly because the heroes were based on static Jim Lee art, so anyone wanting to pair a hero with a villain (such as GL and Sinestro) ended up with a weird setup. I think they have more leeway with whatever separate line they're creating with these Sirens.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #25
Plume
Fantastic Four

Well, I would say that it's a good line for beginner collectors or those with limited money/space but compared to what you're getting I usually find there overpriced. To each their own, of course (I'm sure there's at least someone on this forum who hates every single piece of merch I own ) ). But I guess I'm just a bit disappointed since I know Koto could do more and better than this.

And with that I have made my peace - sorry for being such a hater :P
Plume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #26
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plume View Post
Well, I would say that it's a good line for beginner collectors or those with limited money/space but compared to what you're getting I usually find there overpriced. To each their own, of course (I'm sure there's at least someone on this forum who hates every single piece of merch I own ) ). But I guess I'm just a bit disappointed since I know Koto could do more and better than this.

And with that I have made my peace - sorry for being such a hater :P
No worries. I started collecting Koto well after I got into larger Premium Format pieces. I was a skeptic from the pictures, but I ate a helping of crow once I got them in-hand. I have more detailed pieces, sure, but the paint apps especially make them equally vibrant in my eyes.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:03 AM   #27
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Some in-hand pics of the final product by liamonisan:

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
Harbinger176
The Spirit

The hair seems brighter compared to the prototype above. Hope the lighting is throwing things off.
Harbinger176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #29
Sarn
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Was worried about this as well, but her hair inst even close to that shade of bright red. It just really picks up the light in pictures apparently.

Even in this one I just took it seems much lighter then in reality. It looks closer to the dark red in shown in the promo pics.

I was surprised to find the ivy came separately and has to be bent around her by hand. Thought it would be part of the sculpt, although looking at the promo pics now it's easy to see it's not.

Sarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #30
Gothamite
Phoenix

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote