Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #21
goto
Mephisto

Hope the staff are all safe, of course, all other people and animals as well.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #22
juju
Doh!

According to this article part of the fire was along the ridge near Conejo drive in Thousand Oaks. I haven't checked the map but that sounds pretty close to their offices.

https://m.sfgate.com/news/crime/arti...f-13377282.php

So terrifying to think of something like this encroaching on where one lives, and the Camp fire in Northern California has been devastating as well. Entire towns like Paradise CA are gone with mass evacuations elsewhere. The whole Bay Area is blanketed in smoke, I can't imagine what the conditions are nearer to the blazes. So many fires these past couple of years all along the West Coast, seems like we just can't get a break from them lately.

I hope all fires get contained soon and there is no more loss of life or property. Thoughts go out to all those affected and I hope everyone and their loved ones are safe.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #23
aa909
The Green Hornet

Winds are calm for the next 24 hours here in LA. They gotta get containment fast cause the winds are coming back Sunday evening through Tuesday, Could add to the devestation. I can see the giant plume from the Thousand Oaks fires from my house. Not good.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #24
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
According to this article part of the fire was along the ridge near Conejo drive in Thousand Oaks. I haven't checked the map but that sounds pretty close to their offices.

https://m.sfgate.com/news/crime/arti...f-13377282.php

So terrifying to think of something like this encroaching on where one lives, and the Camp fire in Northern California has been devastating as well. Entire towns like Paradise CA are gone with mass evacuations elsewhere. The whole Bay Area is blanked in smoke, I can't imagine what the conditions are nearer to the blazes. So many fires these past couple of years all along the West Coast, seems like we just can't get a break from them lately.

I hope all fires get contained soon and there is no more loss of life or property. Thoughts go out to all those affected and I hope everyone and their loved ones are safe.
Just saw the boundaries of the fire. SSC HQ is right on the outskirts of the Hill Fire (separate from the Woolsey Fire) ...with the fire line coming from the west. The Hill Fire is really close to SSC HQ, other business and residential structures. If anything the fire department would be making a push to keep that fire line from progressing to protect all the structures they can.

Hoping for the best for everyone there close to the fires.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #25
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Oh wow, hope everyone in SoCal is ok and at SS. Weird, they actually sent a reply to a replacement ticket on Friday.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #26
Comicbookguy
Hercules

WOw! Seeing pics hits hard. They do have fires every year, like Florida has hurricanes. I'm sure insurance is a big deal down there. I hear ab out fires every year down there so it's definitely not a surprise. it's part of living down there just like Florida.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #27
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Any response from the people at Sideshow? Haven't seen or heard anything?
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #28
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Any response from the people at Sideshow? Haven't seen or heard anything?
they are probably busy moving, the fire is fast and sudden. CNN reported it was moving at the speed of 60 football stadiums a minute, imagine that coming at you... hope everyone is safe.

on a side note, does anyone know if sideshow's warehouse where they store/ship all the statues are also in thousand oaks by their HQ? or is that in a different location
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #29
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
they are probably busy moving, the fire is fast and sudden. CNN reported it was moving at the speed of 60 football stadiums a minute, imagine that coming at you... hope everyone is safe.

on a side note, does anyone know if sideshow's warehouse where they store/ship all the statues are also in thousand oaks by their HQ? or is that in a different location
Hope it's in a different place because payments are still processing during the fire.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #30
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Surrounded
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	189
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	118525  
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote