Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #1881
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Yea you got it IcedDog.
Thanks! And yea for lights I just bought what the guy in the video linked to from amazon. They are like little LED spotlights. Comes in a pack of 6. All hook up to one battery pack thing, and even come with a remote to turn on and off and has some flashing effects which I will never use. They were like $37 for a pack of 6.
After going through that video and seeing your project, I like your idea a bit better involving just wrapping the fabric AND buying the backboard. How did you get the back board to stay and what size did you have to buy for each space?
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #1882
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
After going through that video and seeing your project, I like your idea a bit better involving just wrapping the fabric AND buying the backboard. How did you get the back board to stay and what size did you have to buy for each space?
Yea doing it my way I feel like just makes it look more smooth and legit. I just finished assembling the 2nd case today. Still waiting on a set of LED lights for that one tho, and still need acrylic for the sides lol. All stores still seem sold out and I don't wanna pay more than $70 for a piece.

Anyways for the back boards I was originally thinking plywood 4' x 8' but in the same plywood section of home depot I found "underlayment board" which is actually cheaper and thinner which worked out better. You don't want the cases to be super heavy to move around between adding a back board and the acrylic fronts. This is basically what I got, except in 4' x 8'. Same 1/4" thickness. I can't seem to find 4' x 8' online. But it was $15 each piece so $30 for 2 cases.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x...8821/202327790

**I should add if you have a hand saw that would be best, or I think Home Depot will cut the wood for you, but since the case Height x Width is 60" (5 feet) x 36" (3 feet), you are going to need to cut the 4' x 8' board down to 3' x 5'.

As far as how to attach them, piece of cake I tell ya. The support posts for the "garage shelves" already have holes in the posts for the adjustable shelves, so really your just gonna use those holes as "guide" spots. Drill a 1/4" hole (or whatever diamater you choose for the bolt size) in each upper corner and 2 - 1/4" holes directly below the "middle" shelf on each side so it's hidden from view when you are standing in front of the case. I used just 4 screws to attach the back to the case, but you can use more if you want. I originally thought 6, 3 on each side of case, but 4 holds it nice and snug.

Like mentioned for the bolts I used 1/4" bolts - 3/4" long. Home Depot sells packs of 4 bolts with 4 washers (You definitely want the washers!) for like 2 bucks. So $4 for both display cases. **note - even though I used 3/4" long bolts, they are a tad long ( I over estimated), so you could get away with 1/2" long bolts and be ok. I may switch since its so cheap.

You also want hex nuts to screw on the back. Thats what holds each bolt and washer on the front side to the board.

Bit confusing and I can answer more questions or post pics if you want, but to sum it up, you want a piece of underlayment board 1/4" thick for the rear. 4 bolts, 4 washers, and 4 hex nuts to attach it. Size of all of this is up to you.
Infinite GLORY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:10 PM   #1883
bmo9
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I use the 75 and 50 inch Stuvas. Waiting on a few more glassvik doors to finish bottom of cases. Recently have been adding medium Displate prints and they fit great in the shelves. I have led strips placed behind borders of glass doors. Display should be near complete in a few weeks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_224337.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	132032   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_224250.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	132033   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_224421.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	132034   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_224541.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	132035   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_224728.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	132036  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_224758.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	132037  
bmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #1884
spartan061
Frackin!

Can anyone post a link for the deeper, single cube stuva unit? I can only find the less deep one online. Do the glassvik doors work on the two-cube wide units?
spartan061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:17 PM   #1885
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan061 View Post
Can anyone post a link for the deeper, single cube stuva unit? I can only find the less deep one online. Do the glassvik doors work on the two-cube wide units?
Unfortunately Ikea doesn't make a single Stuva cube in the deeper size.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:19 PM   #1886
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Haven’t heard any complaints just the long wait time to be built/ship. They quoted me a year out on large customs due to the virus and acrylic shortages. Contact them, they’re very friendly.
Yup that's what has stopped me from pulling the trigger on ordering from them. I've been trying to look around for alternatives but haven't really seen anything that's caught my eye. You're basically waiting the same amount of time as you'd wait for a statue lol.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:32 PM   #1887
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

A friend of my has a few and it looks fantastic. I ordered a few from them. Having an expensive collection but not displaying them properly will not do any justice. Think about this, why women spend thousand of dollars on little tiny rock, which they called precious LOL. When I went to store and look at the rock with my wife and I realized it is not the rock, but rather it is how they displaying the rock... with nice lights and quality glass. It's all about presentation.
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #1888
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Yup that's what has stopped me from pulling the trigger on ordering from them. I've been trying to look around for alternatives but haven't really seen anything that's caught my eye. You're basically waiting the same amount of time as you'd wait for a statue lol.
Infinite Glory's setup is the way to go if you're mechanically minded. It's cheaper, faster and you have all the control on how your setup looks especially if you like the metal garage shelving. Plus you can say you made it. I tried a Pax setup a couple years ago copying some of the folks on here. I loved their pictures but in the end didn't work because of my collection. Those P1 depths are murder.

What sucks is I need AC Ivy to finish out my Arkham collection so that's 2 years out before I can build anything decent and it's at least 5+ years out before I get all the XM Transformers pieces and who knows how deep that line's going to get.

Currently I use Besta towers for my 1/4 pieces. I'm actually cutting up and forming my own Besta size open platform towers out of garage shelving using IG's ideas. So they will be thin and tall instead of wide rectangles.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:25 AM   #1889
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan061 View Post
As mentioned, there is no single cubes anymore. In the picture below all are Stuva pieces(except the TV Stand). There is a "2 shelf" version dimensions: 23Wx19.5Dx50H and they are the 2 smaller units on the sides. The Glassvik(23 5/8W)should work on the sidebyside Stuva(47 1/4W). I have them on my Tv Besta Stand below.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:41 AM   #1890
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Your setup is nice House. Glad to see someone else picked up Serpentor.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote