ID:	131533  
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:51 AM   #3152
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
He’s also rereleasing the original seven in lithograph for SDCC
Great news. I’m not too surprised but that’s what I’ve been waiting for since I hope SS gets some quantities for a framed version. I want to hang it next to my Assemble lithograph.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #3153
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yes! My favorite comics ever! From 1977-1980 these were the X-Men. BUT my only complaint with this piece...

He left off BANSHEE.

Professor X, too, but I can understand leaving him off given the story arcs of the time. But Banshee gets so neglected. It’s sad. Lol.

Nah, he's done the team with Banshee.

The team in the print for SDCC is a core team. Ross has done it for JLA and Avengers. He left out Hulk for the Avengers one he did. Sounds crazy but when you look back at those issues it makes sense. Banshee lost his powers and was out of commission for a long time during the Phoenix era.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #3154
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

One of my grail pieces is Bowen Banshee with the Sentinel hand. Until SS does one, which i highly doubt will be done anytime soon. I don't even know if XM would try to do him. The one custom Banshee, to me portrait wise doesn't look all that great.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #3155
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Nah, he's done the team with Banshee.
I specifically meant he left off Banshee on the piece being discussed though, the SDCC 2020 print, not other art. And as far as being neglected, I mean in general Banshee gets neglected a lot.

Quote:
The team in the print for SDCC is a core team. Ross has done it for JLA and Avengers. He left out Hulk for the Avengers one he did. Sounds crazy but when you look back at those issues it makes sense. Banshee lost his powers and was out of commission for a long time during the Phoenix era.
Maybe I need to reread? Because I don’t remember that.

Banshee was on the team from Giant Size X-Men #1/X-Men #94 up until he left in #129, a monumental issue...1st issue of the Dark Phoenix Saga, Banshee leaves, Sebastian Shaw/Emma Frost/HFC and Kitty Pryde’s 1st appearances.

The team in the Ross art lasted about 9 issues since in 137 Jean died, 138 Cyclops leaves and Kitty joins, 139 Angel rejoins, also 1st appearance of Wolverine‘s brown costume. So maybe it’s specifically a Dark Phoenix Saga only team? But even if so, Professor X is missing, he was a huge part of that story.

When Banshee couldn’t use his sonic scream he stayed on the team. He only left to stay with Moira after Colossus killed Proteus.

Actually Phoenix and Professor X missed a good chunk of that era when the rest of the X-Men were presumed dead after their battle with Magneto. They didn’t rejoin until they all met up on Muir Island for the Proteus Saga which directly led into The Dark Phoenix Saga.

...I love those comics.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:16 PM   #3156
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Ross has done it for JLA and Avengers. He left out Hulk for the Avengers one he did.
Hulk makes more sense. Despite being a founding Avenger Hulk isn’t all that important to Avengers history aside from being a founder. He lasted 3 issues. By issue #4 he was fighting his teammates alongside Namor. He didn’t become an Avenger again in the comics until like 40 something years later when the MCU included him...then the comics put him back in...thank the movies for making Hulk an Avengers mainstay.

Edit* issue #3 he fought the team. Issue #4 is when Cap joins. Hulk was never even an Avenger alongside Cap until the movies
Old 07-11-2020, 05:43 AM   #3157
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yes! My favorite comics ever! From 1977-1980 these were the X-Men. BUT my only complaint with this piece...

He left off BANSHEE.

Professor X, too, but I can understand leaving him off given the story arcs of the time. But Banshee gets so neglected. It’s sad. Lol.

Yup! I’m still building this team in 1/4...Storm PF, XM Phoenix, OG Wolverine PF, and the boots make new Colossus PF close enough...I really need a 1/4 Nightcrawler...
And a Cockrum/Byrne Cyclops.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:45 PM   #3158
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
And a Cockrum/Byrne Cyclops.
100%
Old 07-13-2020, 10:51 PM   #3159
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
ironstudios Our X-Men line is already a huge success!

But there were a lot of characters missing. A lot!

Not for long! Stay tuned!
I'm posting this message from Iron Studios here because the companies generally make the same characters, so if that continues to hold true then this could be the first sign of a Nightcrawler statue coming. I certainly don't believe they would emphasize "A lot" without Nightcrawler being in that group.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #3160
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

20 year anniversary for X-Men movie. How do you guys rank the movies? Here's my list:

Logan
Days of Future Past
First Class
X-Men
X2

The Wolverine (part 2)
X3
X-Men Apocalypse
X-Men Dark Phoenix
Origins: Wolverine
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote