Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue BDL Diamond Select Black Panther Statue DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist
 
Perna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I thought it was funny how fast he took out the American Godzilla, who by the way didn't stand a chance against the real deal.
That was pure beauty. I didn't realize how many Godzilla movies there were.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
Doctor Pym
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Doctor Pym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I thought it was funny how fast he took out the American Godzilla, who by the way didn't stand a chance against the real deal.
"Godzilla: Final Wars" director Kitamura got a lot of things wrong, but he got at least one thing right: most Japanese fans hate the American Godzilla... and who can blame them? There's even a joke in the 2002 Japanese Godzilla film (a direct sequel to the 1954 original) where a Japanese military officer asks, "Didn't Godzilla attack New York a few years ago?" and another replies, "No, the Americans thought that was Godzilla, but it wasn't."

"Final Wars" had its problems, but it was great to see the real Godzilla deck Godzilla-In-Name-Only.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #13
Doctor Pym
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Doctor Pym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
So it must have been released on DVD in Asia then right?
Definitely. If you have a multi-region player, go for it. You can probably get it from the Japanese Amazon site.

Some guy on eBay is offering a (U.S. compatible?) DVD of the film right now (as "Rebirth of Mothra 3"), but it doesn't look like it's a professional release.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
Doctor Pym
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Doctor Pym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I have nice Godzilla stuff ... just had to cut this out of the spending ... too many things to collect
Isn't that the truth...

I'm finally in the home stretch to complete a collection of all the classic Toho monsters in 1/150 scale, having pre-ordered Kaiju Freaks' gigantic 1964-style King Ghidorah resin kit.

Here's the Ghidorah, plus Image's Rodan kit in the background...


And I've finally got a line on in-scale resin kits of the Giant Condor and Giant Octopus, the final monsters I need to complete the set. But with Bowen Designs issuing so many must-have statues and busts, it ain't easy.

I'm still missing Minya, but that's a plus.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #15
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist
 
Perna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Pym View Post
Isn't that the truth...

I'm finally in the home stretch to complete a collection of all the classic Toho monsters in 1/150 scale, having pre-ordered Kaiju Freaks' gigantic 1964-style King Ghidorah resin kit.

Here's the Ghidorah, plus Image's Rodan kit in the background...


And I've finally got a line on in-scale resin kits of the Giant Condor and Giant Octopus, the final monsters I need to complete the set. But with Bowen Designs issuing so many must-have statues and busts, it ain't easy.

I'm still missing Minya, but that's a plus.

That is so cool!
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #16
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!
 
stormshadow75x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I thought it was funny how fast he took out the American Godzilla, who by the way didn't stand a chance against the real deal.

huh?!?!?

that really happened? anybody got pics of that?!?!?

i'd like to check that out
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 AM   #17
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
huh?!?!?

that really happened? anybody got pics of that?!?!?

i'd like to check that out
I found something better than pics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOISbaA2G18
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:44 AM   #18
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better
 
Ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: O-H-I-O!!
Posts: 5,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Pym View Post
"Godzilla: Final Wars" director Kitamura got a lot of things wrong, but he got at least one thing right: most Japanese fans hate the American Godzilla... and who can blame them? There's even a joke in the 2002 Japanese Godzilla film (a direct sequel to the 1954 original) where a Japanese military officer asks, "Didn't Godzilla attack New York a few years ago?" and another replies, "No, the Americans thought that was Godzilla, but it wasn't."

"Final Wars" had its problems, but it was great to see the real Godzilla deck Godzilla-In-Name-Only.
lol
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #19
moon_knight1971
Rescue
 
moon_knight1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!
Posts: 15,855
So does anybody have a copy of Mothra 3? I can't seem to find this movie at all.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #20
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better
 
Ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: O-H-I-O!!
Posts: 5,373
you try deep discounts?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com