Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-28-2015, 02:48 AM   #21
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

That's a great idea for a statue as it's one of the most memorable scenes from the film, it shows off Arnold's physique and it's never been done before. It'll be a real test for paint quality though as it'll need to be as realistic as possible, is translucent resin a possibility Paul?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:33 AM   #22
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Yeah... thats quite the niche design youre going for. I would really have to think about it before making a decision to purchase it. Id rather have an 84 Arnie from the Tech Noir scenes.

Yeah but Chronicle only has the Genisys license. You won't see Tech Noir Arnold in Genisys, ergo, that's not feasible.
Overall, I agree with Viper. To me, this is one of the most iconic scenes in the franchise, much more than any iteration of Arnold clothes anyway.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:20 AM   #23
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Yeah but Chronicle only has the Genisys license. You won't see Tech Noir Arnold in Genisys, ergo, that's not feasible.
Overall, I agree with Viper. To me, this is one of the most iconic scenes in the franchise, much more than any iteration of Arnold clothes anyway.
I did post an idea for this in the other 1/4 Arnold statue thread. Since there isn't much chance it will fly, I won't repeat it here.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:26 AM   #24
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Lol yeah I recall it.
I think that it wouldn't need to be SO sneaky since a Genisys Tech Noir punk (with removable head sculpt) would be ok, and I think nothing prevents Chronicle from selling an '84 Arnold standalone head sculpt that, by chance, fits in the punk body.
You'd still need someone to make the hand with gun for you since that would probably be off limits.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:59 AM   #25
jaxon
The Herculoids

Good idea on the translucent resin. Toynami have had practice with that, I think with an alien bust for ECC?
jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:20 AM   #26
Vader
Ghost

Digital scan?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #27
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We are only licensed for Terminator Genisys, there is no Tech Noir Arnold in Genisys....

84' Arnold gets taken out before he encounters the punks...

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #28
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I did post an idea for this in the other 1/4 Arnold statue thread. Since there isn't much chance it will fly, I won't repeat it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Lol yeah I recall it.
I think that it wouldn't need to be SO sneaky since a Genisys Tech Noir punk (with removable head sculpt) would be ok, and I think nothing prevents Chronicle from selling an '84 Arnold standalone head sculpt that, by chance, fits in the punk body.
You'd still need someone to make the hand with gun for you since that would probably be off limits.
Other than trying to skirt the license which may reult in legal issues, the idea has a major flaw as the teen punk doesn't have Arnie's build. Time to let this idea die.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #29
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
That's a great idea for a statue as it's one of the most memorable scenes from the film, it shows off Arnold's physique and it's never been done before. It'll be a real test for paint quality though as it'll need to be as realistic as possible, is translucent resin a possibility Paul?
Indeed. This piece would be perfect for translucent resin. It would definitely take it to the next level in realism. I hope Paul considers using it if the piece gets approved.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 AM   #30
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Would be great if the hot base on which he stands glows red!!
Imagine the red illumination reflecting on the body, would look pretty amazing.
However i'd have his backside facing away from me, lol!

ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote