Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 02-18-2022, 12:44 AM   #1
First4Figures
First 4 Figures
Producer

First 4 Figures - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Death Statue

Join us for the premiere of our Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Death 1/4 scale resin statue! Pre-orders open right after the stream! Click your preferred streaming site below and stay notified so you don't miss it! ⤵️

📆 24 February 2022
🕘 8:00 PST | 11:00 EST | 16:00 GMT | 17:00 CET
🔗 Facebook Premiere ? https://f4f.fans/FBPSOTND
🔗 YouTube Premiere ? https://f4f.fans/YTPSOTND

See you there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And don?t forget to join our #GIVEAWAY for a chance to win a Death (Exclusive Edition) statue! Rules to the giveaway can be found here: https://f4f.fans/GSOTND

#First4Figures #F4F #Konami #Castlevaniasymphonyofthenight #Death
#videogames #collectibles #statues #figures
First4Figures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 04:06 AM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeeeesssssss!

I effing love it. Love the pose too. I would've bought his purple cloaked appearance from later in the game as well. I'd actually buy a Death from several different entries. My favorite boss.

I saw your post on youtube - Richter's done. So we're looking at like, a summer pre-order?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 02:29 PM   #3
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeeeesssssss!

I effing love it. Love the pose too. I would've bought his purple cloaked appearance from later in the game as well. I'd actually buy a Death from several different entries. My favorite boss.

I saw your post on youtube - Richter's done. So we're looking at like, a summer pre-order?
Indeed. This is great news! I do prefer this version over the purple cloak, but I'd get that or both to support a Maria and Shaft down the road. Can't have enough CV merch out there for the fans.

I'm really interested to see the base design and how they plan on holding all that upper body weight up with his robe.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 04:56 PM   #4
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Indeed. This is great news! I do prefer this version over the purple cloak, but I'd get that or both to support a Maria and Shaft down the road. Can't have enough CV merch out there for the fans.

I'm really interested to see the base design and how they plan on holding all that upper body weight up with his robe.
Yeah, curious. Might be like the XM Dr. Strange, where the cloak is almost circular where it meets the base. Can't say I love that, but not sure how else to do it.

I doubt I'd buy Maria or Shaft (sorry), but I wonder where they go after Richter? I think the fandom sort of splits. I like it all, but wouldn't buy everything. Some might buy characters from the later Advance and DS entries, while I'd prefer the earlier games.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:13 PM   #5
eternalblue02

Quote:
Yeah, curious. Might be like the XM Dr. Strange, where the cloak is almost circular where it meets the base. Can't say I love that, but not sure how else to do it.

I doubt I'd buy Maria or Shaft (sorry), but I wonder where they go after Richter? I think the fandom sort of splits. I like it all, but wouldn't buy everything. Some might buy characters from the later Advance and DS entries, while I'd prefer the earlier games.
Even if they finished with Death and Richter, I'd be happy with that. I can't even believe we're getting a Death statue at all. I would have preferred CVIV's version, but beggars can't be choosers. They did Simon so I'm happy.

I'd definitely be up for a Trevor, Sypha and Grant trio. If they were to go old school maybe stop around Bloodlines or Rondo. Would they do bosses like Medusa, Frank, Vampire Bat? I'd also be up for Soma and Shanoa. Anything in particular you'd like them to make to keep the collection going?
Old 02-18-2022, 07:37 PM   #6
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Excited!!
Definitely in for Death and Richter. Unsure if I'd buy Maria but I'd skip Shaft.
Now a Succubus though!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:24 PM   #7
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Even if they finished with Death and Richter, I'd be happy with that. I can't even believe we're getting a Death statue at all. I would have preferred CVIV's version, but beggars can't be choosers. They did Simon so I'm happy.

I'd definitely be up for a Trevor, Sypha and Grant trio. If they were to go old school maybe stop around Bloodlines or Rondo. Would they do bosses like Medusa, Frank, Vampire Bat? I'd also be up for Soma and Shanoa. Anything in particular you'd like them to make to keep the collection going?
Yeah, I too would be content with Simon, Alucard, Death and Richter. I skipped Dracula. Oddly I have no attachment to any version of him (maybe his demon form from end of Rondo/beginning of SotN?).

I was always a Castlevania fan from the beginning. Even loved Simon's Quest. So when I went to the Nintendo World Championships in 1990, I was thrilled to see Castlevania III on display ~6 months before it would release, but...for some reason I don't remember - it didn't impress me. I didn't play it much at the time, but did years later, so I don't have as nostalgic ties to it that some do. Therefore, Trevor, Sypha and Grant aren't 'musts' for me. However, I'd probably buy a Trevor and Death from the animated series... (and btw, that sprite-based game tease at the end of eps...I can't believe that's not been turned into a full game. smh)

But, I'm a fan of the 90s games by a mile - so SCIV, Rondo, and SotN.

I'd buy a Simon specific to SCIV, as well as Death. I think I suggested in a similar thread years ago that they make Death out of blue translucent resin, so they could put a red LED inside that pulsates like the game.

I'd buy a Richter from Rondo, since we're getting a SotN Richter. Also would buy both Death forms.

Being the Simon Belmont fan that I am, I would probably also buy his red-haired Kojima design from Chronicles. At that point, I might even consider a Simon's Quest design, but I don't like that nearly as much. Of course I doubt either have a chance at being made.

Add that second form of Death from SotN that I mentioned, and that would be about it for me. Sometimes I think about Leon and Julius because of their important roles in the story, but I don't particularly love eithers game or design. I'd consider them if they were made though. I've looked over all the bosses and bestiary, and no one else really stands out to me.
Old 02-18-2022, 11:54 PM   #8
qz33
Rescue

Hope Richter is as good as Simon!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 06:18 PM   #9
eternalblue02

Quote:
Yeah, Oddly I have no attachment to any version of him (maybe his demon form from end of Rondo/beginning of SotN?).

I was always a Castlevania fan from the beginning. Even loved Simon's Quest.

But, I'm a fan of the 90s games by a mile - so SCIV, Rondo, and SotN.

I think I suggested in a similar thread years ago that they make Death out of blue translucent resin, so they could put a red LED inside that pulsates like the game.

I'd buy a Richter from Rondo, since we're getting a SotN Richter. Also would buy both Death forms.

Sometimes I think about Leon and Julius because of their important roles in the story, but I don't particularly love eithers game or design. I'd consider them if they were made though. I've looked over all the bosses and bestiary, and no one else really stands out to me.
Big blue from Rondo would be my choice. I'd love to see the mass of heads and brain from CVIII but that will never happen.

Oddly enough Simon's Quest was the first NES game I got with the system at Christmas, minus the bog-standard Mario and Duck Hunt cartridge. I can thank my grandmother for getting me into Castlevania. Funny thing I didn't realize until 6 months later that CVI was nothing like Simon's Quest i.e., linear stage structure and non-RPG elements. Got CVIII the following Christmas and that was my go-to CV till Super.

I remember that thread. It wouldn't be hard to do seeing as F4F already made the translucent octo-cam Metal Gear Solid pieces. I always liked how his image followed him across the room. That whole last level in SCVIV was epic. Now that I think about it, I'd love for them to do Slogra and Gaibon from that game.

I think it would do the line well for them to finish with at least Maria from SOTN. I'd like to own a female from one the games. I'd prefer Charlotte or Shanoa, but Maria makes more sense. I just want a Shaft so I can say they made a Shaft so when he appears it's out of left field like Vicious from Bebop. As for bosses I'd be down for the Vampire Bat, Medusa, Mummies, Frank and Lypuston, basically the Universal movie monsters.

Here's a teaser video F4F just sent of Death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQfAmGFJco0
Old 02-19-2022, 07:25 PM   #10
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Just saw that tease right before coming on here. Looks good. Last night I was going to say something about maggots in his rib cage, and that closer look confirms it! Pretty cool.

I wonder what the difference in editions will be? I can't believe they'd do the purple cloak as well. Maybe just his familiar?

I forgot one more Death I'd buy - Lament of Innocence version. lol

I just read the youtube comments with one guy stating Death was a waste to do. You don't like him, fine, but his argument was awful. "Reapers are common" - Yeah, I've seen one custom reaper, and SS have done Demithyle and Mortighull, and that leads to his second point, that "Castlevania Death designs aren't that unique". Total BS. Most versions look different from another across the games, and none of those look like the three statues I've mentioned. Truly delusional. Where are all these supposed Death statues?? I don't think he's looking closely at SotN Death. Maggots in ribcage. White bandana. Blue cloak with checkered pattern inlay. I've never seen another Death with those features.

You're probably right about Maria. Not in my wheelhouse, but she'd do well as a follow-up to the first four. Though I imagine Sypha and Shanoa are more popular.