Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 03-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Because I believe there are a lot more moral people in the pharmaceutical field than not.
These people are financed by people who want to make money. They don't have a say IMO. There are shareholders to be satisfied.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #22
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

ok but i dont see anyone getting all excited about a cure but if people post that there is test going on and someone thinks hey i should help then it is a good thing that even the small info is being put out there. if someone decides to give these people cash or even help out in another way cause someone posted it on a forum then that is a good thing. endless didnt post fireworks and a big type banner that says the cure is almost here he just gave some info that may be useful
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #23
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
These people are financed by people who want to make money. They don't have a say IMO. There are shareholders to be satisfied.
I guess I don't buy into the whole "Every business is corrupt" conspiracy theory.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Either do I, just the health business.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
How about we let the trained scientists try, just in case your gut feeling is wrong.
i'll reserve celebration for when these 'trained scientists' actually have some progress to report on humans.

it's not too hard to understand that scientists and pharmaceutical companies are in it for the bucks and not out of the goodness of their hearts.

ever seen the way AD affects a person and their families? unless you have some facts to tell them, you're just giving them false hope.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #26
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I guess I don't buy into the whole "Every business is corrupt" conspiracy theory.
not corrupt, but EVERY business is in business to make money first.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #27
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Because I believe there are a lot more moral people in the pharmaceutical field than not.
now you're just being naive mr. hobbit. why do you think they charge so much for a pill that costs pennies to make? one thing that endorses your thoughts, every pharmaceutical company has a PAP program. if you qualify, they provide your meds at little or no cost. but like i said, they aren't losing much in manufacturing costs. probably costs more for the shipping.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #28
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
now you're just being naive mr. hobbit. why do you think they charge so much for a pill that costs pennies to make?
But cost them billions to research the countless other drugs that did not come to fruition. They recoup that cost through pricing on the drugs that do make it to the market. I think you are the one whose naive to expect these companies to not be able to pass those costs on to marketeable drugs to pay for the research on all the other ones that don't make it to market.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #29
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

there is a ton of money in cures. just cause there is a cure doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist. polio is still around small pocks is still around. if you are the company that finds a cure for A.I.D.s you will make a fortune and then when you tell people you have turned to cancer who do you think they will throw there millions at the company that found a cure for something or the guy that found a way to slow it down. there is always more money in success then partial success.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #30
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
ok but i dont see anyone getting all excited about a cure but if people post that there is test going on and someone thinks hey i should help then it is a good thing that even the small info is being put out there. if someone decides to give these people cash or even help out in another way cause someone posted it on a forum then that is a good thing. endless didnt post fireworks and a big type banner that says the cure is almost here he just gave some info that may be useful
i actually give presentations on AD for a living as part of my job, so i felt compelled to respond. i like to educate people and again, i deal in facts, not hopes and dreams. caregivers and families need the straight story. i don't mean to sound negative, and i'll be the first to rejoice when a cure is finally discovered, even though it will put me out of a job. that's a lay off i can live with.